𝟎𝟒

T H E Khairro they were gushing about didn't show up until the gala was about to end

     As soon as he did, my mother immediately brought me back to our table and I almost yelled 'hallelujah!'. She has been dragging me around for a good four hours, introducing me to models, fashion designers, and significant figures in her industry. I struggled to remember their names or at least their faces because one thing's for certain, I would meet them again at another one of my mother's fashion show. If I knew one thing about most of them, they get insulted if you forget their names or if you don't recognize them at all. I did my best to catch up with their conversations and I think I did a pretty good job. I saw my mom look at me with pride and adoration and I loved it. I loved that look on her face.

     So, despite the ache I was feeling on my feet and calves, I gulped down a wince every time and continued to smile and pretended to love the conversations.

     Pain is temporary and all that jazz.

     Klarissa was by the table along with his son. From where I was—barely—standing, Khairro had jet black hair. A black suit which complimented his figure well. Just by his back I knew this boy was an athlete or some sort.

     That's not him though, I thought. The boy that helped me yesterday had light brown hair, not black. I pushed away the slight feeling of disappointment to the pits of my stomach. I was wrong. It was another Khairro. Looks like I really won't be thanking him today. Klarissa's eyes met mine and she smiled at me. She turns to her son excitedly.

     "She's here!"

     It's so weird that I can be wrong. I swear, she looked a lot like Khairro. Is that a common name? I was sure it wasn't. The world indeed is very small.

     What if it's his brother?

     "My love, this is Khairro. Khairro, son, this is my very lovely daughter, Morgan."

     Son? My eyes were ringing. What just came out of my mother's mouth? Since when did she—the boy turned around as I blushed at my mothers introductions. If I hadn't known better, I'd think they were acting like matchmakers right now.

     As soon as the boy turned around my breath got stuck in my throat and I almost collapsed if it weren't for my mom's grip on my arm.

     It was him.

     And he was. . .he was so—OMGOSH!

     And he looked so good in that hair.

     "We'll leave you to it. Such a shame that he didn't come earlier. Now you have less time to get to know each other." I swear my mother almost pouted and my hands fisted at my side. This was so embarrassing. Is this how blind dates work?

     My eyes were fixed on Khairro. It seemed like getting even more attractive everyday wasn't impossible for this boy. If he looked good with his dark brown hair before, now he looked extra good with his jet black hair.