𝟏𝟒

W H A T were we doing in the airport?

     "Let's have dinner."

     "In the airport?"

     The sun was setting in the background while I took in the sight of the massive airplanes scattered in front of me.

     Khairro opened the door for me and helped me out but ignored my questioning gaze which caused me to pout. This got me a chuckle from him and a kiss on my knuckles.

     As he lead me to the plane, the feeling of being watched suddenly overwhelmed me again. I focused on the surroundings and what I saw made my grip on Khairro's hand tightened.

     He stopped walking to look down at me and let go of my hand to wrap it around my waist.

     "Angel?"

     "Why are there so many guards?" I ask him as I turned around, only to gasp as I saw five more walking behind us.

     Men in black suits, sunglasses, and ear pieces surrounded us with their cars behind them. I recognized a few faces, bodyguards who were usually with me, but the rest were unfamiliar.

     I have never been surrounded by this much security before.

     "To protect you." He shrugs as if it wasn't a big deal. "You've had guards since the day you were born, princess."

     "Yes, but fifteen of them?"

     "Twenty six."

     Khairro started walking while I was still in shock. I knew I had guards following me discreetly everywhere I went but that thought always made me feel uncomfortable. . .maybe even inhuman.

     I never got used to being watched endlessly. Instead of being confident around the constant observation, it had always made me feel conscious and unsafe.

     When we were at the bottom of the steps, I took a step back with a slight flinch, removing Khairro's hold on me in the process.

     "N-No. . ."

     "What's wrong, princess?"

     Khairro was two steps towards the airplane while I remained on the concrete floor, my hands gripping together behind my back. I felt the guards pause and silently watched our exchange.

     Khairro paused to look at me before he nodded in understanding.

     "You don't want to leave?"

     "I want to."

     "What is it, then?"

     I felt my nails dig into my palms as I forced the words out of my mouth.

     "B-Because the last time you. . ." I pause. "You. . ."

     You completely ignored me.