A new rival, and two secrets out...and a old friend

<Sam's POV>

I was sitting in the auditorium, watching Cardin and Jaune fight.

"This is the part where you lose" Cardin said, "Over my Dead-!" before he could finish Cardin kneed him in the gut, causing him to fall and Cardin raised his mace, about to kill Jaune.

I quickly took the Last Word out and shot Cardin's hand, mace, and leg.

He fell and I sighed. "Another asshole down, will this ever get old? Nope!" I smirked. Yang high-fived me.

"Thank you, Sammy" Glynda said and the lights turned back on. "Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for batter, and that the officials may call the match"

I sighed, still gotta work out how to use a Aura.

Glynda said something to Jaune. 

I just ignored everything Glynda said afterwards.

'Sparx, nut-shell what she just said'

'Something, something festival, combat festival' he said.

While on the way back to my dorm I was talking to Ruby when Ozpin approached us. "Hi, Sam mind if I borrow you for a moment?" he asked, I looked at him, confused. "Um, sure? cya later Ruby" I said as I followed Ozpin outside and around a corner.

"So, how are you enjoying your time here at beacon?" he asked. "Good, I guess" I responded. "Okay, so..there are many rumors going around about you. And I have a few questions of my own, the first being how did you recover so quickly from your duel with Weiss?" he asked.

"You don't need to know that" I sighed, "I do, it is important how you are able to survive losing so much blood" he said, got me there.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you"

"Try me" he said.

"Okay..Sparx, come out" I sighed and Sparx appeared next to me.

"Fascinating..what is it?" he asked. "I'm a Ghost, Sam's Ghost. I am a machine created by the Traveler" Sparx created a hologram of the Traveler.

"I am able to use the Traveler's light as a weapon, and Sparx can bring me back from the dead, like he did years ago. When we first met" I said.

"Interesting, but I have never seen anything like the Traveler here"

"That's because we are from another planet, Earth. Where the last city is" I said.

"The Last City?" Opzin said, confused. Sparx explained to him about the Collapse. And how humanity in our system is almost gone, and how what's left of our humanity is in the last city.

"So, Guardian. What brings you to Revenant?" Opzin asked. "We followed some coordinates, and our ship is heavily damaged, so we are stuck here, too" I sighed.

"I see.." he responded.

"Well, you can go back to what you were doing, and I hope I can help in the future" he said.

"Okay, cya" I said while walking away and Sparx vanishing.

I walked into the cafeteria, then over to Ruby and sat down near her. "Hey" "Hey"

We talked for a moment, but I heard something in the background and turned around to see Cardin pulling on the ears of a bunny faunus.

I got up, pissed.

'I know I can't talk you out of this, so...GIVE HIM HELL!' I heard Sparx say, and I sure as hell will.

"Hey, prick! leave her alone" I growled at Cardin. He turned to me and threw the girl to the floor. Pissing me off more. "What did you just say to me? freak?" I growled.