circle room cypher

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
circle room cypher
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

Like hail on a glass pane, the drumming of my fingers is as relentless as it is loud

Like hail on a glass pane, the drumming of my fingers is as relentless as it is loud. Each click of the polished nails on the table echoes the tumultuous thudding of my heart beat.
My face rigid with tension, I furrow my brows and stare at the ticking clock on the white wall.

I get sick of the drumming of my nails and clasp my hands together tightly in front of my stomach, fiddling with my knuckles, weaving my fingers in and out of each other.

I breathe out, shaking my head at my current state.

Why am I even nervous when I know what's going to happen?

I jolt as I feel a pair of warm, soft hands on the nape of my neck.

I turn around in such a haste I knock over the plant next to the stool I'm sitting on, the thump making a hollow sound through the big room. People turn their heads in my direction, their brows lifted on their foreheads, but I don't care.

My attention is fully on the man in front of me, his face motionless. I can't read him.

"How did it go?!" I whisper-yell, knowing other people are anxious in the room, so I wouldn't want to disturb too much.

Taehyung takes in a breath to speak, but then stops — he looks to the ground. His eyes are not as bright as they usually were and his lips are in a straight line. I blink a few times, my brows furrowing.

"Tae—how did it go?"
I reach out for his arm, nudging at it in order for him to speak.

What's going on?

He licks his lips, taking ahold of his bottom lip with his teeth.

And that's when he brings his eyes to mine, the bright shine back as per usual. His lips curl up in a boxy-smile, only growing bigger and bigger. I could see how it came from deep inside to light up his eyes and spread into every part of him.

He was happy.
I could see it, feel it, hear it.

"They liked me— they liked me a lot."
Taehyung swallows, before he reaches around my frame taking me in his hold.

I don't care about the other in the room, I don't even see them any longer. All I see is Taehyung's shining eyes, the crinkled corners, his smile not fading away.
I squeal in his chest, my face muffled in his shirt.

"I knew it!" I jump slightly, making him chuckle out loud, the vibration of his chest making my own chest warm up in happiness.

─ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─