Chapter 1: First Kill

THANK YOU TO MY GOOD FRIEND Hoodedfigure666 for helping my with this story. 

Couldn't have done it without you

 Staring in horror at the growing pool of blood on the floor under the victim, numbly registering the shock that I had killed someone, looking down at my blood covered hands, Ben drags me away from the scene so neither of us would be arrested. The sirens were getting louder by the second, we needed to get out of here, and quickly. The weird thing was, I actually enjoyed killing that other student. I should probably explain what's going on. Why there is a growing pool of blood underneath this person, why the person is dead, and most importantly, how did I end up killing a person?

To summarize a rather odd story: the reason one of the students is dead on the ground and my friend and I are running from the police.....Well, let's just say that some idiots found a fox that had wandered into the school and decided it would be fun to kick it around. The fox hadn't even done anything to them! Ben tried to stop them from killing it, but when they didn't...I guess my rage just exploded and I couldn't stop myself from inflicting the same pain the fox must've felt onto them. Which ended with a very injured fox and a mutilated corpse.

Pulling my arm from Ben's grasp, I ran back towards the fox and the body, ignoring the fact that Ben was yelling at me to get back to where he was. Gingerly picking up the small fox, I held it in my arms like you would carry a baby. Once I made sure the fox was secure and comfortable, I ran back towards Ben and away from the sirens closing in on the school.

"Mikala, what was going on back there? You just kinda exploded and... Mikala, you killed someone!" Ben said, turning to look at me once we were far enough for them not to see us with a bewildered expression. Why wasn't he afraid?

"How should I know? It's not like I have much control over knowing what goes on inside my head in the first place! Besides, did you forget that we are being chased down by the police? You know that those idiots are going to make it sound worse than it was." I say, looking back at him with a huff. Really? "Worse than it was"? Yeah, what's worse than a murder scene?

We keep running until we get to the Wal-Mart across the street from the post office, down the road from the school. Taking refuge inside the giant store, trying to pretend that the blood was some sort of early October Halloween costume, we made our way to the back of the store to try and figure out where to go next. It's not like we could stay in the store for long, the police were likely to show up anytime soon. We grab some supplies and put them in our backpacks, trying to conceal them so the scanners couldn't detect them, which was a kind of stupid idea. As they're literally built to find stuff that hasn't been paid for. A bag isn't going to help. Washing the blood off probably would've been a better idea...

We toss our bags behind the sensor and grab them once we pass through. We leave the store and see a car waiting out front, the driver looks straight at us, not blinking. We see one of our friends in the driver seat. It was Ollie, sitting in the driver's seat along with Ella in the passenger's seat.

"HURRY UP AND GET IN, BEFORE THEY CATCH YOU!" Ella says in a loud whisper, rolling down the car window looking at us both. We get in the car and Ollie drives off, recklessly swerving around the pedestrians, narrowly missing the other cars as he drives through the parking lot. When we arrive on the highway, Ollie starts driving at a slightly more reasonable speed (explanation not going twenty over the speed limit and more like ten) and stops acting like a maniac.