Chapter Seven: Ollie Makes An Entrance (And an Exit, Among Other Things)

Ollie

"Ok, what the hell. Why are we meeting so many horrible people? Like, coMEON GIVE US A BREAK." I say, getting really exasperated at this point. "Hey, Other Ben or whatever, back off of Sage, they broke up with you, end of the story."

He scoffs and blasts fire at me. It just rolls off of me and I laugh.

"Dude, I am literally a demon, fire doesn't affect me," I tell him and then wrap a chain around him, yanking him towards me. A laugh leaves my throat, "The boss is surely gonna enjoy having you around, just let me kick you in."

He scowled and head-butted me in the chest, making me flinch back and wrap a protective hand around my heart. "Oh, what's that you're hiding? You make it SO obvious. Is that something that could kill you? Let me touch it."

Jeez, he really is creepy... I'm not much better.

He begun to launch dirt at me, which confused the ever-living hell out of me, like who does that? It's cringy. I began to laugh when his poor attempt of an attack did nothing, "ok bud, that's enough, time to go to time out.", the chain wrapped around him again but he didn't seem scared this time.

"Uh, this is the part where you cower in fear and beg for your life." I shrug and pull him over to me. "Nah, that's your part." Other Ben smiled bitterly, glaring at my masked face. I flicked his forehead, creating a long vertical scratch on his face, "You're really cringy and creepy, you know?"

"You're really stupid, you know?" The dirt particles shot through my whole body, and I immediately let go of the red-head. The immense pain finally registered in my mind. As the pain begins to completely blind me, I manage to see Sage running at him with a knife. They jump towards him, then stab him. Even in my pained state, I manage to smile. Ben goes after him and blasts him with ice, freezing him in place. JD grabs him with his tentacles and throws him around. He then uses his hook hand to grab him by his shirt.

"GET LOST" he yells and then drops him. Other Ben runs away.

"Nobody messes with the Runaways," JD says and then fist-bumps Ben.

"Ow, that hurt," he says and rubs his hand," Forgot it would hurt when I did that"

"Guys, I kinda need help, this hurts like a motheRTRUCKER HAHAHAHA I hate myself." I wheezed while sitting on the ground, trying to pluck out the growing shards embedded in my body. Ben just pinched the bridge of his nose in disappointment, "Seriously?"

"Yes seriously. Everyone's gotta laugh. Maybe not now but certainly later." A long shard was pulled out, coated in non-existent blood, "Wow would you look at that?."

"When I see him again, if I ever do, I'm kicking Other Ben's teeth in. And stabbing him in the gut. More than once." Sage says as they help with taking out the shards.

I cough and laugh, saying "I'll join you"

They smile and help me up. I grab my stuff off of the ground and we continue walking down the sidewalk.

"So," I say, breaking the ice, "where are we all gonna stay? The train again or...? Cause I honestly don't even know at this point... and it's getting dark again."

"We're not going to the train, there are too many cops near that area, they'll expect us to go there"

I nodded, "Well, we're gonna need a place to stay pretty quickly, I need to do my job once people begin to sleep. But if we need to, I will break into another house." Sage shook their head, "how about no?"

"I'll take that as a yes! Let's go find a victim!" I take off, making the group run behind me. Everyone needs exercise. Everyone else was walking and then we see Ben skate past on ice that he's creating on the ground.