Chapter Four: Sleep is Death with Benefits

Ollie

As we were driving away, I watched as the orange sky turns into a dark blue color. Ok, great, it's dark now. I automatically clicked on the headlights, trying to drive a little less recklessly for the sake of Mikala.
"Hey uh.." Oh god, I hate apologies. "I'm sorry. About the uh- whole argument we had." I started, not really expecting a reaction or for anything to be said. "I'm just- a really terrible person sometimes."
Ok... nothing so far. Maybe she's asleep? I know it's dark now and...
I quickly glanced at her and then back at the road, she's curled up in a ball with her cheek pressed against the window. I can't tell if she's staring out of the window or asleep. If she's ignoring me, I would understand, I don't blame her.
Shit, it's 9. How the hell is it 9 already? I should maybe get somewhere to sleep, I could break into a house but that's not exactly a great idea. We could sleep in the car, but who'd actually want to do that?
A quiet groan escaped my mouth, nails digging into the wheel in frustration. I'll just break into a house, I could pick a lock anyways.
Driving for what seemed like forever, I finally found a quiet neighborhood. All the lights are out in every house, or at least that's what it looked like. How long did I drive? I drove slowly, observing the parked cars.
I passed a completely dark house and an empty driveway, taking off weight from the petal which eventually led to a halt. My hands automatically push my hood onto my head, and I almost hear myself mutter "forgive me" as I get out of the car and lock it. "I'll be back, I promise" the words came out as a whisper, the keys are in my pocket now.
The walk towards the house was really short, but I don't wanna get caught on camera.
I don't wanna cause more damage.
This reminds me of when I was little, I'd always steal or get into stuff, and I would always get away with it for some reason.
Before realised it, the door was already open. I flexed my clenched hands and felt the lockpick jab my palm. How did I get this? Right, it was apart of my pocket knife. Do I always blackout when I do this? Ok, whatever, let's get Mikala now.
The walk back to the car felt longer like I was trying to avoid her. Nonetheless, I unlock the car and get in, nudging her shoulder to get her to wake up. "Hey, get up. I don't wanna carry you."
Nothing.
Fine.
I leave my side and shut the door, going around the car onto her side. "Don't make me carry you.... please. I'm not exactly strong or anything." I muttered as I open the door on her side. "Shit!" I whisper harshly when she almost falls out, but I get annoyed when she's still asleep.
"HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ASLEEP?"
I carried her body to the house, my arms almost gave out when I reached the couch. So I just put her sleeping body on the couch while I kneeled. I didn't check to see if there was anyone here, but I'll just make something to keep them asleep if someone is here.
I don't think it matters aways, she killed someone already. I got up from the floor and shut the front door, using the bottom lock to keep people from getting in. How ironic.
Drowsiness started to affect my body, I felt so fatigued. I made my way upstairs and looked around in the bedrooms. A master bedroom, a guest bedroom, and two children's bedrooms. How convenient, no one's here.
My legs gave up at some point, but I was already on the bed somehow. I don't know which bed  I'm sleeping in, but I don't care.
I'm so tired.

Where am I? I knew I was having one again. Especially after... Of course, It was probably the trigger.
I can't move, I want to get out, but all I could do is look around. There's a shadow in the corner, and I feel my heart drop. I realized where I was, my childhood bedroom.
This is just a nightmare, another sleep paralysis dream. I'm NOT in my bedroom. This isn't real.
A sharp pain digs into my side, twisting, and then pulling, then back to digging into my side. I feel like I should scream, but I can't move. This isn't apart of the dream.
But it digs into me again, this time I feel weak. I feel like I'm choking on some liquid.
The shadow in the corner of the room is getting closer.
I feel cold now, but my sides are warm.
The shadow is right above me, it's hard to breathe.
Please let this nightmare end...

It's...so hot... it feels like I'm in an oven.
I groaned as I pushed myself up and rubbed my head, where am I?
I don't like this.
I don't want this.

I'm thirsty...
When I finally got a good look around, I saw that other people were suffering. Wow ok, guess I died. I actually died in my sleep. I began to sweat and glace at the presumed demons and souls, why was I here? Was I really THIS bad?
I began to walk around until something flew right in front of me, what was it? It looked nothing like what people depicted as a demon, but it doesn't look like a human either. It scowled and me and stabbed at my side with a spear, I screamed in agony as I felt the pain wash in.
But, the wounds healed. I was stabbed again. And again....and again... I really was in Hell, wasn't I?
The thing that stabbed me stopped and was pushed to the ground rather harshly. What stood in front of me was a man in nice clothes, he looked handsome, not gonna lie, but I'd definitely not smash that.
He held his hand out as if he was gonna help me up, I refused though. I got up myself and moved away from him, I don't like where this is going so far. He moved his hand back down to his side and cleared his throat.
"I propose a deal." A mutter came from him, I assumed he was Lucifer. Only Satan would want to make a deal, plus he's the only one that's dressed up nicely. "I don't want to suffer alone in this mess, and you seemed to be a good candidate."
I don't like where this is going.
"Perhaps you would like to work for me? In exchange, you give me human souls and I'll give you a body back on earth. If you fulfill my wishes, I will completely return your soul and your original mortal body on earth." Lucifer explained and straightened his posture like it was going to convince me to work with him.
A deal with the devil.
I shook my head, as much as I wanted to go back, I didn't want other people to suffer. He looked panicked. Desperate maybe. Lucifer grabbed my arm and his eyes went completely white. Chills ran down my body and I felt relieved to get cooled down for a bit. He suddenly let go of me and smiled, "I know what you want, and I'll gladly let you live with-"
"Ok. I get it. I'll do it." I quickly shut him up and gripped his hand, firmly shaking it, "Better be a normal life, Satan."
"I'm glad we could make a deal, Oliver."
The next thing I knew was...wait.
I can't see.

-end chapter 4-