Chapter Three: #MurderTrending but magic

Ella

"BEN" I yelled when I saw him freeze. I fell to the ground and started crying. I can't believe he's dead. He can't be dead, he isn't I know he isn't. He might not have a pulse, not as far as I can tell, but somehow, I know that he's still alive. I don't know how you just freeze to your apparent death yet somehow still be alive though. There are various ways to freeze to death, but I've never heard of what happened to him. His hair turned white, and the air around him became freezing cold, but everywhere else it was still fine. Something isn't right. First Mikala loses her eyes and goes insane, now Ben freezes to death, and I can somehow tell whether or not people are alive or dead! Ollie seems like he'll die soon, but I don't know how. This is all confusing.

"Ollie, get over here NOW" I yell at Ollie from the train car. He needs to help me find out just what the hell is going on to everyone here. Is this train cursed or something stupid like that? I don't know.

Ollie runs in and sees Ben's frozen body. "No, no no no no no, this is all my fault, I should have done somtheing, I'm such an idiot, WHY AM I SO STUPID?" Ollie yells as Mikala comes rushing in..

"No, Ollie. It isn't your fault. It's mine, for being such an idiot. I shouldn't have walked away, he obviously was cold,and needed someone near there. It's my fault. A-and now he's dead." I couldn't take it anymore.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO BEN, WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BROTHER," Mikala yells at us with anger on her face, her eye-things turning red, infuriated and confused.

"I-I don't know. He was perfectly fine, then he started freezing. I did my best to try and keep him warm and alive, but it didn't work. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. And if you don't forgive me for letting him die, that's okay. I wouldn't forgive me either."

Ella help me, I hear a voice say in my head, I can't move.

What? Ben? You're not really dead, are you?

No, I think I'm still alive, but barely, I can't move

Oh. I'll be there in a couple of seconds, hang on.

Turning around, I walk towards Ben, still frozen in the corner.

Get Ollie, please Ella, tell him that it's not his fault, it's not your fault either. There was no avoiding this, doll.

Oh, um, okay. Kinda weird that you called me doll, but I'll tell him, should I tell him that you aren't entirely um, dead? And what about Mikala?

Tell them.

Okay.

Turning away from the mostly frozen body of my friend, I walk outside to Ollie and Mikala, who were arguing over whose fault it was. Odd argument to have, but it makes sense, I guess. If Ben hadn't told me what he did, I'd probably be in this argument as well.

"YOU WERE THE ONE SULKING WHILE BEN WAS DYING" Ollie yelled at Mikala

"YOU COULD HAVE HELPED HIM TOO, YOU USELESS SACK OF-"

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP, BEN'S NOT DEAD" I yell at both of them," I'M SO SICK OF YOU ARGUING WHILE BEN IS DYING"

"Wait, what do you mean "he's not dead"? He's dead. He froze. What type of sick joke is this?"

"It isn't a joke! Look, I know I sound insane, but you have to believe me. I don't know how to put it, but while the two of you were arguing he, ugh this sounds weird in my own head, he spoke in my head. God, I sound crazy. I knew he wasn't really dead, and then he starts talking to me! I don't know how to explain it. Just, he asked me to get you guys."