Chapter Five: Mangled and Rotted

JD

I couldn't believe it. My brother is a criminal. Well, he and his friends are all criminals. He and Mikala killed someone, Sage murdered a bunch of police officers and some guy named Ollie broke into someone's house. What is going on in the world? Sage, I could believe, she always tries to stab people anyways. We were going to a party when we heard what happened, they stopped in the middle of a song, and started talking about how this kid and a group of policemen had been killed. I heard my brother's name and I froze. I excused myself and ran to the bathroom. I went in, fell to the ground and started sobbing. Why, why is he dead? I know we didn't get along that well, okay maybe that's an understatement, but he was still my brother.

I was walking back and trying to compose myself when I was grabbed and pulled backward, a hand over my mouth. I try to struggle and pull away but I can't move, what's going on? I try to scream, but nobody can hear me, I'm nowhere near anybody else, what am I supposed to be doing?

"Who's there, let me go!" I scream into the darkness

"Oh, We're never letting you go, JD, or should we say, Diego?" I hear a robotic voice say to me.

Diego, RUN I hear a voice say in my head, it's me, Ben

I must be going crazy from grief, I tell myself

DIEGO IT'S ME! I'M ALIVE.

"Your brother can't save you in time, he is too late." the robotic voice says and walks towards me. I see his face and gasp.

"Freddy?" I say to myself because that looks like Freddy from FNAF. this isn't possible, Freddy is from a video game. This isn't real.

"Oh, it's real alright," he says and rips MY FREAKING ARM OFF. I start screaming as he rips off my arms and legs and puts a mask over my face.

I think to myself, this is not how I'm going to die, I can't die this way. The most I can hope for at this point is probably not dying from blood loss at this point. What is Freddy planning on doing?

Freddy walks over to a decommissioned Bonnie animatronic and replaces my left arm and both legs with Bonnie's parts. He grabs Foxy's hook arms and sticks in on my right arm. They all somehow stick on perfectly. I struggle and yell, but when I yell, all I hear is groaning from my mouth. I feel my eyes melting from my skull.

I swing my arm towards Freddy and slash his face, knocking him back in the process. I stand up and try to run away but I can only hobble and shuffle. I break through the door and into the sun and run to hide. I can't have anyone see me or they'd freak. I have to find where Ben is so I can go with them, they seem to be the ones who know about this stuff.

I keep walking to the train yard that I heard they were found at. I see the trains and I hear a familiar voice talking, it seems like they're talking to themselves.

"Ben, we gotta figure out how to get you out of that ice" I hear the voice say. Wait, that sounds like Sage, and- ARE THEY TALKING TO BEN SOMEHOW?

Hello, can you hear me? I broadcast in my head

"Who's there?" I hear Sage say.

Sage, it's me, Diego, something happened to me

"What exactly happened to you?"

Come look and see

Sage goes out and sees me. They don't seem fazed by my appearance, but I feel the air getting cold and I see someone with white shoes, and they walk out and I see...IS THAT BEN?

"Hello little brother," Ben says, looking really smug, everything about him white.

Ben?

Yeah, it's me, little brother, I hear my brother say in my head.

"H-help me" I struggle to say, my voice raspy.

"Sorry little brother, but The Trigger Event has already happened, and there's no reversing it," Ben says, and both I and Sage cock our heads in unison.

"What in the name of the Glow Cloud is that?" Sage says.

"I don't know, but before I froze, I heard a voice say the Trigger Event has started," Ben says with a shrug.

As we're talking we hear a car drive up, we sprint into the train car and hide, Sage using their powers to close the doors. After that happens we hear banging on the other side of the doors and hear a voice

"Hey losers, open up", and I see Ben smile.

Sage sighs and a gruff voice reminiscent to Ollie's spoke from the other side of the door.

The small group huddled over to the shut door, Sage opening it to reveal the expected characters. Ollie and Mikala are standing in front of the train car. Ollie stood hunched over, his head looking down at everyone inside the train.

"Guess what thots, I just made a deal with the Devil." Oliver laughed, picking at the white and red mask on his face. The mask was split into those two colors, an inverted heart in the middle.

He wore a bright red hoodie, the sleeves pushed up to his upper arms. Some type of loose arm cloth clung to his forearms, which led to ridiculously long black fingers. The black pants Ollie wore was littered with fresh blood, meaning that someone was recently killed. His boots, black of course, also had the substance.

The last thing to notice was a small glass-like heart that glows a faint yellow, it hovered above his left chest. It looked so fragile, that a small flick would make the heart shatter.

"I also can't see sHIT" he let out a laugh again, letting his hands rest on the sides of his hips.

"Well, obviously. That mask doesn't have any eye holes...or anything for breathing ..." Sage said. "Also, you got taller. Unfair. I'm still short, now everyone is taller than me. How annoying this is," they add as an afterthought.

Ollie shrugged, jutting his thumb towards the empty car, "We gonna get out of here or something? We kinda gotta evade the police idiots. They're kinda after all of us."

"No, really?" Sage says sarcastically.

Mikala rolls her nonexistent eyes and ushers us out and into the car. As we leave, I hear a voice say "We cannot be stopped' in my head. I shake it off as nothing and we keep driving.

As we're driving we see someone in the road and Ben guns the accelerator, but then slows down, shaking his head. We swerve to avoid them but suddenly they slam their hands on the ground and we're suddenly sent flying through the air as a spike made out of some black material slams into the car. We hit the ground and keep rolling for a while until we come to a stop. I see everybody passed out from the crash and I'm about to join them when the person that was on the road stands next to the door and smiles.

"Welcome to a New Age," she says as I drift into unconsciousness.

-end chapter 5-

The Runaways: Book 1 of the Trigger Sagaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें