Tyrion's Trial

Amara's POV

I made my way towards Cersei's chamber in hopes that I could comfort her after Joffrey's demise . I knew it wouldn't be much use but I might aswell try .

I made my way towards Cersei's room only for the guards that stood outside her door to say

"Your grace doesn't want to see anyone"

I held myself back from scoffing but turned back to my room considering I would be no longer sharing it with Sansa as hopefully she was on her way back to Winterfell by now .

I heard a knock at my door , I opened it shocked to see Brianne . I gestured for her to enter .

"I promised Catelyn Stark I would return all 3 of her daughters back to Winterfell"

"As I have said I have to stay here"

"Is that because you are in love with the queen?"

I decided to ignore her question which sounded more like I statement and instead said

"You should leave here and find Sansa and Arya to make sure they both return safely. As the oldest known to be living Stark and Catelyn's oldest daughter i release you of your duties of returning me to Winterfell safely"

"But Lady Am-"

"Brianne promise me you will return my sisters home safe"

Brianne nodded

"I promise"

I smiled at Brianne and thanked her . I presumed she then left to find Jaime to say goodbye to him .

It didn't take long for the news to get to me that Tywin and Cersei had the city gates barred and the ships seized until they found Sansa . I began to grow angry and scared for Sansa's life knowing that if they found her they wouldn't hesitate to put her on trial but just deem her guilty anyways then execute her .

I stormed around the castle to the throne room to see Cersei knowing she would be there and just like I expected she was.

"Cersei ?"
I snapped

"Yes Amara"

"Sansa did nothing . How could you ? Just because you hate her for no particular reas-"

"Why else would she just leave ?"

"Because of how you and Joffrey treat her and kept her captive here . Do you really think that she wanted to stay here ? It was just a easy way for her to escape you and you're ways . She probably knew you would blame her"

"She killed Joffrey"

"No she didn't . One of the servants told her to escape"

"What ?"

"I said one of the servants told her to escape . I believe Tyrion is innocent too"

"You're delusional Amara . That or you are just protecting them"

"They are innocent and I would put my life on it"

And with that I walked away .

News got to me that Margarey and Tommen we're getting married in a fortnite and that Tyrion's trial was tomorrow .

********************

I sat in the crowd as Jaime led Tyrion into the hall . Judging by Jaime's face he didn't want Tyrion to be found guilty which was understandable as they were brothers after all and from what I could see they was rather close .

Tommen who was now the king then stood up which followed with everyone in the room including myself standing up aswell .

"I , Tommen of the house Baratheon first of my name , King of the Andells and the First Men . Lord of the Seven Kingdoms . Preduce myself from this trial . Tywin Lannister hand of the king is to take control of this trial"

After many things been said including Shae twisting the whole situation by saying how Tyrion and Sansa was plotting against Joffrey . I could instantly tell this was a lie . I knew both Tyrion and Sansa loathed Joffrey but I also know neither are stupid enough to plot against him especially infront of Shae .

It was now Tyrion's turn to speak as he said

"I am on trial but not for the murder of Joffrey . No I've been on trial all my life for been a dwarf"

I could feel the anger in Tyrion's voice and honestly it did seem like his whole family except for Jaime and perhaps Tommen and Myrcella was rather prejudice against him .

"Your not here for been a dwarf"
Tywin replied

"Yes I am . I always have been . I did not kill Joffrey but I wish I had"

With that there was many gasps within the room and many hateful looks towards Tyrion , I didn't exactly understand why because Joffrey was a horrible boy and I don't see why someone wouldn't kill him treason or not .

Tyrion then continued with

"I demand a trial by combat"

I felt my heart drop for Tyrion knowing this would end in his demise as Cersei was most likely to chose the mountain to fight Tyrion or whoever decided to fight for Tyrion during the combat . I also knew nobody except maybe the hound had bet the mountain in a fight before .

Once Tyrion had gotten taken back to his cell I decided to follow after Cersei hoping to find out who she had decided to fight against Tyrion .

"Cersei ?"

I noticed Cersei noticeably sigh .

"Yes Amara?"

"Who are you choosing for the trial ?"

"Come with me and find out"

I walked side by side with Cersei who was going to find whoever it was she was going to ask .

You could cut the tension with a knife that was probably because of my outburst a few days ago from when I declared Tyrion and Sansa was innocent which I still believed they was . I decided to break that tension by saying

"How are you after what happened to Joffrey?"

"However well a mother can be doing after there child has died"

"I'm sorry you had to go through that"

"No you're not you hated Joffrey"

"You're right I did hate Joffrey . I hated him with a burning passion and I still do but it still hurt to see you hurt . I think you forget I care about you"

I made sure to say this in a hushed whisper as I didn't want anyone nearby to hear .

Cersei didn't reply but stopped walking and stared ahead . I followed her gaze only to see the mountain chopping a man on his knees who was begging for mercy in half .

Like I expected Cersei asked the mountain .