Capítulo Uno

I left the house in a hurry as usual. Late for work AGAIN.

I started walking down the sidewalk towards work, walking past my boy Cesar's house like I do everyday. He was sitting outside with his brother Oscar (who recently got finished doing a bid) and the rest of the Santos that are always there with him. I hadn't seen Oscar in so long. He was looking fine as hell as usual. I threw Cesar a quick nod but kept walking, since I was so late for work. When I was halfway there, I heard what I could instantly tell was Oscars Impala stopping next to me. I always loved how cherry red that car was. I always loved the man who drove it more though. He walked in front of me stopping me in my tracks. I looked up a little surprised to see Oscar standing two inches from my face. "Damn Theresa, you can't even stop and see me for two seconds when I've been gone for so long?" said Oscar. You could hear the pain in his voice and see the pain in his eyes. Our relationship has always been a complicated one.

"Holy shit Oscar! You scared the fuck out of me. I didn't even know you got out." I said lying straight to his face.

"Instead of bullshitting me, why not show me some love hermosa?"

I reached out and grabbed him by the waist as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me on the head. I wanted that hug so bad, but I would never let him see that.

"I missed the fuck out of you mami. You didn't miss me? Damn that's cold." Said Oscar painfully.

T: "I did miss you, Oscar. I just didn't know if you actually wanted me to come see you. You know shit was complicated with us before you got locked up."

O: "Really, mamita? Either way you know I would have wanted to see you."

T: "I'm sorry Oscar. I don't have time to talk about this right now. I'm already late for work."

O: "Fair enough, but let me give you a ride."

I wasn't ever going to say no to a ride in that car. It was just as sexy as the man driving it, and I was already late.

T: "Fuck it. Let's go."

We got in the car, and he drove me to work. The tension in that car was crazy. I couldn't tell if it was because I've been ignoring him, or if it was sexual tension. To be honest it was probably both. You see, our love has always been a forbidden kind of love. We've always loved each other, we've always been best friends. We grew up together. Our families are family. We've always been close. But neither one of us has been willing to take our relationship to that next level. And let me tell you, our relationship has always been one hell of a ride.

Oscar is three years older than me. I'm 19, I was 17 when he got locked up for some stupid shit. Two years we lost that we could have been together. I hate that shit.

The age difference has always been what's kept our relationship from being any more than what is was. He was 20 when he went away, and I was on the verge of being 18. Could we have been something more had he not gone away for two years? That's a huge possibility. The sexual tension has been crazy between us for the longest. I've always hated seeing all these putas pushing up on him. But what could I do? I couldn't be with him like that. Not yet. And I really couldn't expect him to not get pussy while I was still underage. Still made my blood boil seeing that shit.

You see, regardless of anything, I'm in love with that man. Is he in love with me? How the fuck am I supposed to know. He's never said it. He shows me the most love but has never told me those words to my face. We're both so scared to take that next step. And I got sick of it to be honest. We weren't in the best place when he got locked up. That's why I figured it was better I acted like I didn't know he was home.

O: "What time you get out? I'm picking you up after work. We need to talk."

T: "I get out at 8. But you're not picking me up. I don't have the emotional energy to talk about this tonight."

I got out of the car and closed the door. As he backed out he looked out the passenger side window.

O: "I'll see you at 8."

Before I had time to protest he had already sped away.