Chapter 4

Chapter 4

*HARLEY*

Well it seemed like Peter and I were both avoiding each other like the plague. So I figured it was probably about time we talked. I was about to muster up the courage to head to his room when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in" I yelled

"Hey kid"

"Oh hey Tony. How'd you manage to walk over here without breaking a hip"

"...you're too sassy for a twelve year old" he replied.

"So what's up?" I asked ignoring his comment

"Just wanted to let you know that we're going to be having a family dinner in an hour so get cleaned up"

"Okay thanks da- tony" I yelled to his retreating back.
Guess there's no time like the present...right?

Well here goes nothing.

*PETER*

I was about to go take a shower when I heard a knock on my door.

"One sec" I yelled as I stumbled off my bed and towards the door.

Let's just say I was not expecting Harley. Before you ask, I'm not really sure who I was expecting but it definitely was not Harley and his puppy dog eyes.

"Hey, can I come in? We need to talk." he said.

"Oh uh yeah sure" i replied

"You might want to move out of the doorway so I can come in". I felt a light blush reach my cheeks as I realized I was just standing there blocking the doorway. I moved aside to let him through and he sat on the edge of my bed. I sat across from him on a plush chair.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked as innocently as I could.

"Well we kinda sorta almost kissed in Tony's lab"

"Oh yeah about that" I said sheepishly while doing the classic guy thing of scratching the back of my neck.

"Peter, I'll stop you right now. I'm sorry about what happened. We can just go back to being acquaintances and just pretend the whole thing didn't happen" he said and then walked out of my room leaving my heart to drop about twenty floors and back down to the lobby.

(A/N sorry this is such a short chapter I'll try to make the next one longer)