Chapter 11

Chapter 11

*HARLEY*

"Hey harls are you okay?" Peter asked as we sat waited in line.

Well aside from the fact that the guy I like definitely doesn't like me at all in that way I was fine.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just a rough day" that was a complete lie but I didn't want peter to suspect anything. Guess I was going to have to play it cool. Maybe he and MJ were just friends.

Who am I kidding he obviously doesn't like me.

"What can I get u?" the girl at the front desk asked.

"Two hot chocolates with extra marshmallows please"

"Alright that will be $5.99"

In Tennessee I could buy a solid amount of potatoes for that much.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw peter move to pay.

"Really Pete? I'm paying. I invited you after all" I handed the girl the money and she gave me the two drinks.

I turned and started heading to the table when peter grabbed my hand. His hand was warm and soft, kinda like him.

"Where do you think you're going, keener?" He asked.

"To a table?"

"Nope!" He crossed his arms and started pouring at me.

"Why not?" I asked chuckling. He looked kind of like a stubborn kid whose mom had told him he couldn't get any candy from the store.

"Well you had a bad day so I'm going to show you around my favorite parts of the city"

"Alright, guess we're going on an adventure."

"Come on" he dragged me out of the store still holding my hand.

He should never let go. Stop it keener he has a girlfriend.

I quickly pulled my hand away and stuck it in my jacket pocket. It was surprisingly cool for early June.

I looked over at peter and he almost seemed sad but I was probably imagining things.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"Central park!" He led me along the bustling streets of New York and into a giant park.

"Let's sit here" he said pointing at a bench near a pond.

We sat down and stared at the lake in comfortable silence until peter had to ruin it with his soft, beany concern for me.

"What happened today?" He asked looking at me with his puppy dog eyes.

Maybe I can tell him without telling him it's about him.

"The guy I like has a girlfriend" I said trying to play it cool so he wouldn't notice I had flushed bright red at the thought of him knowing I like him.

"Oh no harls. Who wouldn't like you. He's not worth it. You should just move on. Gosh I'm so inconsiderate. I should've just let you be." Peter rambled on.

I'm just going to pretend it didn't sting to hear him say "who wouldn't like you".

"He's just too good for me I guess"

"Don't say that Harley! You're so smart and fun and handsome and cool and everything" he replied with a pink blush on his cheeks.

"Did you just call me handsome?" I probably should've dropped it but it felt so good to have him compliment me.

"Oh uh erm yeah I guess"

"Cool" was the only thing I managed to say so I wouldn't turn beet red like peter.

"So what do you want to do? We have all of today to hang out?" I continued trying to change the subject.

"Well I wasn't planning on doing this but we could totally mess with mr stark"

"Wow petey, I didn't think you'd have it in you, what are you planning?"

"Well I hadn't really thought that far ahead" he replied sheepishly.

"Don't worry I have a plan" I replied with a smirk.

"What is it?"

"We're going to be having a late night at the lab to get this done". I was definitely evil laughing in my head.

(A/N my updating schedule has been kinda wack this week and I think I updated too much so I'll prob only post on Tuesday and maybe Friday or something)