Chapter 5

Chapter 5

*HARLEY*

Okay before you all jump on my case for why I said what I said - i should tell you that he definitely does not like me. I guess I should've taken things slower because I obviously freaked the poor, straight kid out.  He probably hates me. I'm such an idiot. I should just distance myself from him. God i wish he didn't have those cute brown puppy dog eyes.

"DINNER UNDEROOS!" yelled tony and i headed into the kitchen with my goal: distance myself from Peter Parker and his cute fluffy hair.

*PETER*

So, the guy that you kind of have a crush on just told you to forget one of the best moments of your week.

Dinner was not going to be fun i thought to myself as I trudged towards the dining room for our "family" dinner of pizza and sprite.

"So, Peter, Harley, how was you adventure in the lab?" mr. stark asked.

"Fine." was all that Harley said. I almost thought i heard a hint of sadness in his voice but I was probably imagining things.

Mr. Stark looked at me quizzically but I just avoided eye contact and focused on my pizza.

All of dinner Mr. Stark and Harley were talking and finally catching up for the first time since he got here. I tried to join in but they were talking about potato guns and other things I didn't understand. I kind of felt like they had some inside joke that I wasn't, and would never be, part of.

*HARLEY*

I must have been really wrapped up in my conversation with Mr. Stark because when I looked over I saw peter looking at me like a kicked puppy. I felt a pang of guilt. Damn why was he such an adorable kid.

I need to stop thinking things like that. He doesn't like me like that.

Tony's phone suddenly went off breaking me from my whirlwind of thoughts. He excused himself and mouthed "Pepper" before he left. Of course when he left, Peter and I were alone.

He didn't even look up from his pizza to realize Tony was gone. He was definitely avoiding eye contact with me. That or his piece of pizza was way more interesting than I had thought.

Okay i just need to stop overthinking this. Just because he doesn't like me like that doesn't mean we can't be friends. Right?

"So how was school?" i asked trying to make small talk. He looked up at me with surprise and then smiled his goofy grin.

"Well it was pretty good. But then again it's school so it can't be that great. But everyone is pretty nice. Well except for this kid flash but I have my friends Ned and MJ. Well MJ says we aren't friends but I'm pretty sure we're friends. I mean at least I hope so. Oh boy I'm rambling."

Two things: 1 I'm going to beat this Flash kid to a pulp for even thinking about being mean to Peter. Second he's so cute when he rambles.

"Hahahah don't worry about it. It's cute"

"Oh uh thanks" peter responded blushing beet red. Shoot did I actually say that??

"In a friendly way of course" I said quickly trying to cover up my mistake.

"oh yeah as friends of course" he mumbled back.

"So Parker, what's your favorite star wars movie. There's a right answer" I said trying to change the subject. I just dont want to drive him away by being to well...me.

His eyes light up as he answers "A new hope of course"

"Really parker? A new hope? I expected better from you"

"Sorry keener, what did you want me to say" he replied playfully.

"Return of the Jedi obviously"

"Wow you did not just say that"

"You know what we're going to do, Parker?"

"What keener?"

"We're going to have a movie night" i replied smirking.