Chapter Nineteen

A moment later, Lewis arrived with a black Mercedes (Elliot's Mercedes is a sports car. This one is an ordinary model).

"I'll see you at home," Elliot said. His hand is at the small of my back, leading me to the car like a gentleman would.

I turned to him. It's now or never.

"Is there something wrong? Are you okay?" he looked worried.

"I just want you to know that I'm proud of you. I'm proud of what you did today. I don't care if I sound clingy and if you won't like me anymore, but I want you to know that if any girl were to have you, I would want them to know that you're more than looks and money."

He smirked and frowned as he looked at the ground. "Don't make me sound like I'm perfect."

I shook my head. "No. Maybe you're not. But you are perfect to me." I smiled.

He gave off a shy smile. "I'll see you at home."

I nodded.

***

I was changing into my sleep clothes (tank top + pajama) when he bursted in.

"Nick told me what happened during lunch," Elliot said, looking panicked as he rushed towards me. "Are you okay?"

I felt naked in front of him even if I was wearing undies.

"Uhm, I'm okay," I said awkwardly, but he didn't seem to notice.

He held my arms tenderly. "No. I mean, before Cam and Nick got there. Did they do anything to you again?"

"Uhm, no. They didn't," I responded quickly, hoping that my answer would satisfy him and he would get out.

He stopped when he did a double-take on my body (which I am currently trying to cover with a tank top). "Oh. Uh--I'm sorry."

"Stop staring!" I slapped his face.

"What?! It's not like you're completely naked! And besides, you should be confident because you have a great body."

I looked away. "Don't talk like I'm perfect."

"You are!" He pulled off the tank top. "See?!"

I embraced my stomach. "Shut up. I have a big tummy."

"You're still perfectly beautiful to me. Now, stop your whining and get dressed," he said throwing the tank top on my face.

I tried to see his face as he got out of my room. I swear I could see his cheeks raised to a smile.

"Oh!" Fifi came across Elliot on his way out.

"Why are you here?" Elliot asked her.

She patted his arm, "Don't worry I won't say a thing. I'm just going to check her outfit for tomorrow. Go to bed."

"Fifi! What are you doing here?" I asked her as she closed the door, leaving Elliot outside.

"Oh, nothing! I just want to see how you two lovebirds are doing," she said hushly.

I blushed and continued dressing up.

She sat on the edge of my bed. "You two are a perfect match, you know that?"

I scoffed.

"He actually thinks that you're too perfect for him," she said.

I sat beside her.

"He thinks he'll never be good enough for you, but he won't stop trying."

"And you know all of this how...?"

"I'm Elliot's stylist-slash-guidance councelor-slash-parent-slash-nurse," she defined herself. "What do you expect? Anyway, just make him feel wanted all the time. Sometimes, he wishes you'd be more clingy."

"But Cam said he hates clingy girls."

"Well, anything too much is bad. Just make him feel special."

I smiled. "You don't really have to say that. He's already special to me."