Chapter Twenty-Five

We had a hard time taking away Cam from Elliot. Elliot kept fussing over me if I was okay and if my head still hurts.

Nick gave me a discrete signal saying "Just go with Elliot. I'll take care of Cam."

"Hey, Cam. Let's go get some soda. I'm parched

Let's leave the lovebirds alone," Nick said, putting his arm over Cam's shoulder and dragging him away.

They laughed on their way out of the clinic.

"We won the game!" Elliot said ecstatically the moment we were left alone.

"Congratulations!" I tried to match his excitement, then, hugged him after a few seconds with a forced grin.

"Hey," Elliot said subtly the moment I pulled away.

"Hmm?" I forced myself to brighten up.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked as he put his hand over my head. "Is it about your dream?"

I mentally groaned. Why am I so transparent?

I toned down my smile. "I remember everything."

He stared at me.

"I remember everything, Elliot," I said, holding his hand. "I'm Stella Monty. I have a brother named Cameron and I'm from--"

"The Monty Kingdom."

I dropped his hands. "How..."

"My family...wants to merge with your family. That's what my parents have always been working so hard for. They wanted me to marry Stella Monty for the merging."

"You...knew?" I felt betrayed.

"No, no! I didn't know you were Stella Monty. I've never seen you. There were no pictures. I just know that they want me to marry you. I asked them why I had to marry you when they have done merging before without any catch. They said that your father is following a tradition so they are forcing me to marry you, but I kept on refusing."

Okay. I believe him. My father is a bit hard on traditions.

"But...why did your family need to merge? You're so rich..." I wondered out loud.

"The only thing that my family don't have is the exporting of sea goods: seafoods. And your country is rich in that, Brooke...Stella..." he looked confused. "What do you want me to call you?"

"Brooke," I smiled. "You gave me that name."

He smiled back, then his worry returned. "But believe me, I don't want to marry you for business. I didn't know--"

"It's okay," I said, putting a hand on his cheek. "Monty needs to merge, too."

He frowned. "But...why?"

"I'll tell you on the way home," I smiled, relieved. "And, uh, I need to talk to Nick first. I just need to tell him something. Alone."

"Alone?" He frowned. "Why?"

"Nothing important," I smiled, making sure I look like he really doesn't have to worry.

"Do you want to go back to Monty?" he asked.

"Do you want to meet my family?" I asked in return.

He put his arms around my waist, pulled me close to his body, and planted a kiss on my lips.

"I'd love to," he grinned.

-THE END-