prologue

Summary recap:
You would volunteer at the hospital and have been for two years. You get along with the nurses and most of the doctors.

Dr.House has never been too cuddly or nice to anyone, not that he knew you personally. the two of you had only passed each other a few times during your visits as a volunteer. You don't take it personally that he wasn't nice to you, but one day you have to go to the clinic. A small visit to make sure you're fine after a nasty fall, someone as accident prone like you it's a miracle you haven't broken anything yet. During your visit to the exam room you formally met Dr. House, he was almost exactly what you expected, seeing him up close instead of passing by in the halls gave you a better look.

------
Details:

Accident prone. A burn here and there most of the time when you were cooking, falling from tripping over your feet or invisible obstacles, random bruises from bumping into things that couldn't be remembered, and a bunch of random things.

And you were Cameron's neighbor.

Most of your volunteer visits were spent keeping patients who didn't get visitors company. Working at from home allowed you to do your work almost anywhere so most of the time you'd spend time with patients keeping them company while working, allowing you the social interaction that would keep you somewhat sane.

Sometimes you'd see Dr. House and his team in patient rooms near whichever patient you were visiting. Some times he was alone, staring at one of his patients through their glass wall. Often studying them deep in thought, you could of sworn a few times his face would contort into one of piety or empathy. He was known for his rough, sarcastic, cruel, and unforgiving nature, some of the patients called him sadistic. You never really met him, you'd pass each other in the halls but nothing more. You knew his team well, Foreman, Chase, and Cameron talked to you from time to time. Wilson and Cuddy usually let you know which patients you could visit, weekly lists given as patients entered and exited.