Chapter 5

Arriving in town, Link saw the people with long, depressing faces

Arriving in town, Link saw the people with long, depressing faces. It was like the sky was matching their moods, wondering how such a once lively place turned so dreadful. It was starting to bring him down.

Link saw the villagers shutting their windows as they were passing by. So much for a warm welcome. The villagers didn't want anything to do with anyone, not caring if he was a new face.

Lowering his eyes, Link tried to find the right words to say. "How long has this been going on for?"

"It's been like this for almost a month. This ominous sky makes it hard for the people to walk around without fear."

"Has the sky done anything to threaten the people?"

"Not yet. If we don't do anything about it, then something might happen."

"Since this is all King Ganondorf's doing, shouldn't we ask him to just, you know... Clear the sky so it stops scaring the people?"

Zelda lowered her eyes. "It's not as simple as you think. King Ganondorf... He's merciless. He doesn't care about the lives of others." She clenched her hands into fists. "Not even his own family..."

"Wait... He killed his own family?"

Zelda nodded. "He did. I have heard stories about his wife and child trying to stop his evil deeds. For that, he sentenced them to death without hesitation."

Link didn't know what to say. Things just went dark real fast. "Oh... Then... How will the sky clear up if this king is ruthless?"

Zelda stopped walking, turning towards him. "I need your help with that."

Link raised an eyebrow. "Me? I don't know how to fix this. How do you expect me to get rid of this dark sky?"

Zelda's eyes wavered. "You're the only one who can stop him."

"Huh?!" Link exclaimed. "How can I stop him?! If I have to end up fighting this king, he will kill me in two seconds flat due to my inexperience! I'm not the chosen one!"

"You are the chosen one."

"How? Please explain how an ordinary guy like me can be some kind of hero. Because last I checked... I never had someone show me some kind of prophecy with me in it."

Zelda let out a sigh. "I will tell you the story on our walk to the castle. It will make sense once I tell you."

"If my prophecy is to kill this king, I'll be so pissed off."

Letting out a sigh, Zelda turned back around and started walking. "This story... Will start off with the king and queen of Hyrule..."

~~~

A flashback started, the kingdom of Hyrule was bright and lively. The sky was clear as day, plum blossom petals danced in the wind. The villagers were all doing their daily routines, their voices echoing throughout the town.