Chapter 12

Opening his eyes, Link felt a bit groggy since he couldn't fall back asleep until last minute

Opening his eyes, Link felt a bit groggy since he couldn't fall back asleep until last minute. Yawning while sitting up, he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. The dark sky was really messing with his sleep schedule.

Looking around the cave they ended camping in for the night, Link noticed that Zelda was nowhere to be found. He felt his heart drop. Quickly standing up, he rushed towards the exit of the cave.

Remembering that they were in dangerous territory now, Link rushed back into the cave, grabbed his sword and ran out.

Running aimlessly in the Lost Woods, Link looked around the area with his eyes. "Where did she go?!" Stopping in the middle of an excluded area, he began to inhale deeply. "ZELDA!"

Hearing rustling the bushes, Link turned towards the sound. There was nothing in sight until these strange creatures started appearing one by one.

They looked similar to the Korok children, but they were not in the form of a leaf. The sight of them seemed familiar to Link, he looked like he was lost in his own thoughts. "What are these things called again..?" All of a sudden it hit him. "Kodoma!" His sudden outburst made the kodoma run away, vanishing all at once. He let out a chuckle. "They even act like the Korok children."

Link heard the rustling noise once more. Now knowing it wasn't from the kodoma, he stood his guard. Taking out his sword, he was shaking where he stood.

All of a sudden, a red ogre that was about his size popped out from the bushes. It had an animal's leg in its mouth, swallowing it whole.

Link gulped, taking a step back. "Hey there... I don't want any trouble. I'm just looking for someone, so... If we can just go on about our day, then we both don't have to hurt each other. That sounds good, right?"

The red ogre just stared at him blankly. The next second, it started running towards him while letting out a loud scream. It looked like it was ready to maul him.

On impulse, Link swung his sword while shutting his eyes at the same time. Slowly opening them, he saw that the body was only inches away from him. He ended up slicing its head off. Blood was splattering everywhere, some getting on him. Seeing his chance to escape, Link made a run for it.

Running away as fast as his feet could take him, Link started hearing the sounds of a rushing waterfall. Heading towards it, he noticed a person underneath it. He couldn't tell who it was, but it was an outline of a person. He bet they could help him find Zelda.

Running faster, Link made it to the edge of the small river. The rushing waterfall was a sight for sore eyes in these dangerous woods. Looking at the bottom of the waterfall, he got a closer look at who it was.