Chapter 8

Arriving at the other side of the river, Zelda managed to get off first, leaving Link in a daze

Arriving at the other side of the river, Zelda managed to get off first, leaving Link in a daze. He felt like he had hair in his mouth, but that was due his face being buried in Zelda's hair the entire way.

Getting off right away, both Link and Zelda put their shoes on to continue their journey on foot.

Staying afloat in the water, Sidon looked up at the two. "I wish you safe travels on your journey."

"Thanks man." Link responded. "I'll do my best to clear this sky up for you."

"I believe you can do it!"

Zelda tapped Link's shoulder. "We must get going. Thank you again for your assistance, Sidon."

"No problem!" Sidon responded. "I shall take my leave. Whenever you come back, please come by and visit Zora's Domain underneath the river."

Link gave him a thumbs up. "That's a promise!" As much as he would like to see it right now, he was on an important mission. And he hoped there was a next time since he feared that he could get killed. But he mustn't think negatively.

"Until we meet again!" Sidon jumped high in the air and splashed into the water, disappearing in sight.

Zelda looked up at the sky, clicking her tongue. "It's hard to tell whether it's day or night. Once we reach inside of the Lost Woods, we should find a resting place."

"You're right. It feels like I've been walking all day."

"Let's get going." Zelda ended up taking the lead with Link following behind. Looking up at the sky, Link couldn't even see one ray from the sun. It was completely swallowed up, making the entire area gloomy. Looking down at his sword at his side, he knew he had to use it to kill King Ganondorf to save the land. Even if he swore he'll do it, he still wasn't very confident about it.

~~~

During their long walk to the Lost Woods, the air was still very humid, making Link start to pant. He was sweating all over that it soaked his entire shirt. "I really hope the Lost Woods will be cooler in the inside..."

"It is." Zelda responded. "There's a village inside that isn't too hot."

"There's a village inside the woods?"

"It's called Kakariko Village. They're allied with the Hyrule Kingdom, so they're on our side."

Link let out a sigh. "Oh thank god... And hopefully they have AC." Remembering that he had a water bottle, he took it out of his very deep pants pocket. Opening the cap, he started chugging a good amount.

Zelda dropped her eyelids. "I still find it unfair that men's pants pockets are much deeper than women's pockets. I have to carry everything in this bag."