And i dont regret any of it

Ok this is a camren and David oneshot but this is an au
MAJOR SPOILERS OF THE END OF
FIVE FEET APART
My own spin on the end of it.

Characters
David
Camren
Camrens Parents
Robin
Cory
Barb

Camren lies on the stretcher as she is rushed into the hospital. She was freezing. Her body was wet and cold. She was finding it hard to breathe. She looked up and sees her parents looking at her. She turns her head and sees Cory and Robin. She sees in front of her the doctors.
"What are you going to do" she hears her mom say.
"We are going to do the transplant" Barb says. Camren starts to shake her head.
"Honey you have been waiting for these longs for years" he mother says.
"Camren" she hears David says. She turns and looks at him.
"Take the lungs. For me" he says. She looks at him with tears going down her face. She starts to nod her head.
"Ok everyone get to the surgery room" Barb says. She feels the stretcher being moved again.

Camren opens her eyes and sees her mom and dad standing next to her bed. They see that she is awake and stand up.
"Hey baby girl" they say. She can't speak due to the tube being in her mouth.
"You did it" Robin says smiling at her. She looks over at Barb. She smiles at her before going and opening the curtains. The curtains open to see lights. She looks over at her parents and Robin. Robin hands her over an IPad and she sees a video and sees David's face. She sees her parents and Robin walking out of the room. She clicks on the play button and the video starts.
"Hey I know you are confused right now. I am a little to but I just needed to see you one more time. My drug trial is failing. I only have a few more weeks left. I needed to see you one more time. And I couldn't say goodbye to you knowing you hadn't seen the lights" he says. Tears go down her face as she knows what's happening.
She turns her head and sees David standing outside. He walks closer.
"This is one of the hardest things for me to do" he says. She breathes in and swallows the lump in her throat.
"And these past few months have been the best in my entire life and I want you to know that I don't regret any of it" he says with tears going down his face.
"Can you close your eyes because I don't know if I'm going to be able to say goodbye while you are looking at me" he says. As tears go down her face she closes her eyes.
"I love you. Don't ever forget that Camren Bicondova" he says. She starts to sob.
"Bye" she hears him say. And she only sobs harder.

After a few minutes she opens her eyes and sees that he is gone. She turns and sees her parents, Robin and Cory standing in the doorway. They all walk in and Cory hands her a book. She opens it and relises that it's David's sketch book. She runs her fingers across the paper. They where pictures of her. Cameron. How she missed Cameron. He didn't deserve to die and these helped her remember him. She starts to sob again as she looks at the pictures.

"You never really know how much it means to touch someone. I never understood how it felt to touch him until he wasn't there anymore. So to all of those people who you can touch. Hold him. Hold her. And don't let go because you don't understand how much that person means to you until they are gone. You don't know how much you love them until they aren't there. I love him. And even saying that doesn't say enough. So please hold them. And don't let go".