Chapter 1

Alec's pov

"So I heard some crazy guy is now leading the Institute", vampire said casually and walked back and forth in front of me. I growled. "How this alpha vampire have balls talking about me like that?"

I am a very powerful alpha and no one could talk about me like that.

I felt my anger to grow. I didn't hear what the vampire said next because the only thing I heard was my heartbeat. I pulled my bow and arrow but before I got to shoot, I registered a movement and then I found myself on the floor. I hit my head hard on the floor.

Vampire sat bestride on me and pinned my feet with his own. He also pinned my hands above my  head, so I couldn't move. He licked his lips and showed his fangs. "Never tasted shadowhunters blood but they say it's heavenly", vampire said and smirked.

I was almost unconsciouns. All I could think how my head hurt and how could I reach my stele to use Iratze.

Then I felt how the pain was drifting away. I slowly stood sitting position and looked the ash on me. "JACE! Why did you do that? We needed him. We needed answers from him about vampires and warlocks", I shouted at the same time I stood up. Jace had activated my Iratze, so I was feeling better.

"I'm sorry that I saved you live. Maybe I should have let him KILL YOU", Jace shouted back and continued "What that was even about? I thought we had a plan and you just ruined it by going in alone, instead of waiting us, the backup."

"Arrgg", I growled angry. I turned around and left to walk back to the Institute.

"Don't mind him. You know he's been like that ages. You did the right thing. When he is calmed down, he will know that too", Isabella said to Jace. "I know that", Jace sighed. "But sometimes I can't take it anymore, even though I know he don't mean what he say." Isabella nodded and said "He should really find a mate or anyone can't stand him anymore." They picked Alec's bow and quiver from ground where it flew in the battle and made their way to the Institute.

My head was full of thoughts. I had to walk away from the situation with Jace or I would have punched him. I boiled with anger. "Why Jace have to be like that? Kill the one vampire we need. Why can't he see the bigger picture? Maybe I should place him in Inchor duty for couple of days", I thought. "Maybe I should go to run, maybe that would release my stress."

When I was going back to Institute, I thought about the earlier situation. Deep down I knew Jace was right. And I hated that feeling. Not because I was wrong, but because I couldn't help myself. I wanted to be calm and good leader but apparently I can't.

I remember how exited I was on my 18th birthday and finally knew that my second gender was Alpha. And I was going to find my partner. My other half. That I was longing.

Normally shadowhunters find their mate during the first year. Or in two year. Like Jace have found his Omega, Clary on one mission to the Los Angeles Institute and Izzy found her Alpha, Simon when Simon had a mission here, in New York. 

And now I was 22-year-old and hadn't find a mate. "Even though I have been almost every Institute in this world, I haven't find my shadowhunter."

I am frustrated. I have given up for hope. When shadowhunters don't find a mate, which is really, really rare, they can live mostly normal live. "So why can't I? Why I am so unpredictable nowadays?", I thought. "Before my 18th birthday I was all the things leader should be. I was rationally, fair, I planned and I considered every option. Now I have change so much in four years that I don't recognize myself. I am like time bomb which can blow up anytime. I really should apologise from Jace. He's my parabatai and within our rune, he has been gone through my mood swings much more than others around me." Within that thought, I ran to the Institute.

//So I wanna say few words: first of all this is my first fanfic or altogether my first writing which isn't for school. I'm nervous to publish this but at the same time I want comments to that. I want to be better writer and I want to hear YOU opinion to my writing! Also there could be some typos 'cause English is not my first language. Even though we haven't get the shadowhunters season 4, it has teach so much to us. We can make ourselves unic world by example writing, where our favorite characters live. I really hope u enjoyd this chapter!