Chapter 7

Alec's pov

"I should have done this right away when I arrived here", I though as I am walking to Ops center. "I have lost 2 months, I can't think how much they have done in this time."

I see Jace and Izzy standing in the crowd and I give them a tight smile. I'm so ready to prove why I am the head of the Institute.

"Good morning everyone. I'm pleased that all of you came."
"Though they have might become because they are afraid what I'm going to do to them if I don't see them here but for once I glad about that."

"I noticed yesterday something that should have done right away when I arrived. I refresh your memories about few rules we have. First of all I want to remind you that we are children of Angels. We help people, we save them and most important thing we protect them from demons. That's our main job. Of course we also keep peace in shadow world too. Which means we help downworlders if they need our help. If THEY need saving."

"I'm aware that here especially warlocks and vampires are almost at war with us but that doesn't give you permission to kill them or take their fangs or warlock marks. No, that is absolutely forbidden. If I found somebody's room these things, you are going to Gard where you are put to trial. Because all of you know how to react if warlock or vampire attack. That are some basic thing that is teached in training. And all of you are here which means you have passed the test. But I give you a little reminder. You take them caught so unharmed than possible, bring here in the sell, give me a raport and I decide what to do next. Not
really tricky thing. You use violence to protect innocent people and your self-defense. Always try to solve things first by talking. It's easier that way and not so messy."

I looked all of them in the eyes and saw how someones have to look down because of they are ashamed breaking the rules and forgotting what is our job or because they are scared of me. Somebody even looked me in the eyes and I saw how they disagreed with me. I'm going to keep close eyes on them.

"So a recap: We're trying to make a peace not war, protect people who needs help, follow the rules. Easy peacy.  Any questions?"

Few of them looked like they have been caught which I leed to that they have some fangs or other things. "Dammit. Raj wasn't the only one to take things."

"Why warlocks and vampires can attack us but we can't attack them?", some shadowhunter asked, who's name I don't remember yet.

"Well they can't but I'm aware of that they have attacked us and I'm going to talk to their leader about it. It still doesn't give us a permission just because "they did it". No, we can't make peace if we think that way. Just consider that you behave better than the attacker, you have principals or rules that you have to follow. Any other questions?"

Some of them looked really impressed, and I felt happy. "Maybe now they are gonna respect me and doesn't think me just some crazy leader."

"No? Right that's good. Okay so I ask you to stay just a little time here in Ops center while some guards from Gards are going through your stuff. This is just precaution. If you don't have anything to hide, then you don't have anything to worry. Dismissed."

I walked down and went to Izzy and Jace.
"So how that went?" I asked because even though I have been many speechies like that but that was first in this Institute.
"You did great, brother, like always. You are born leader", Izzy answered with a smile. I sighed relief.

"Yeah, you truly showed everyone who is the boss and what rules they have to follow", Jace said.

"Okey that was all I wanted. Now I have to go and wait results from room search and search information about the leaders. See you guys later!"

"But Alec, what about our mission? I though we have that now, right?" Izzy asked worried.
"Yeah about that I think I'm going to do only paperworks some time and look if I still keep having those burst outs. Besides I don't wanna risk yours lives for that."

Izzy looked me sympatelly and a little pity. She was about to say something when I went to hug her and tell her "It's fine, Izzy. I'm going to survive and I really have much paperwork to do." I tried to smile encouraging. I looked both of them when I said "I put Steven Underhill with you guys, I think he fit just fine. But now I really have to go. Bye!"

//New chapter out where Alec shows who is the boss! I have much to do, so I have been busy but I still try to upload chapters the best as I can🥰 It would be nice if you comment your thoughts about this chapter or story😍Hope u had a nice weekend❤️