Chapter 9

Alec's pov

"So Paul, how you doing?" I asked when I entered to Infirmary. I saw how he stiffened when he heard my voice. I hated that whenever I enter somewhere, people are scared of me.

"I'm doing fine. Better than yesterday. Sorry, I have to ask, what you are doing here? Of course, you are allowed to be here, because you're the Leader, you are allowed to be everywhere you want. Did I do something wrong? Or said something? I'm sorry I didn't...", Paul said nervous. I had heard enough and interrupted him. 

"No, no. You have done nothing wrong. Everything is alright. I just wanted to check are you recovering alright", I answered

"Oh", Paul answered wonderingly.

"Actually there was one thing I wanted to ask. What happened yesterday in your patrol with Raj?".

I saw how he started sweating and looked really nervous when I asked him that question. He looked everywhere except to my eyes.

"Hey don't worry. I have heard Raj side of this story and I don't think that's the whole truth, so that's why I asked you. And if you didn't do anything wrong, you are not in trouble. Like if you just followed Raj even though you didn't want to? I just want hear the truth." I requested.

Now he looked to my eyes and took a deep breath. I hope he decided right.

"So, our patrol started normal. We didn't see anything out of order. But then suddenly Raj saw two vampires who walked down the street. They just walked to Hotel Dumort, I guess. But Raj said that we should kill them. I try to stop him but he started running to them. I couldn't leave him alone, so I ran after him. He suprised the first vampire, I think they had drink plasma, so they reflex weren't as good as normal, so he killed him. The other one had more time to process what happened and when he saw that I ran to them, of course he thought that I was going to attack to him. I wasn't going to, I just wanted to keep Raj alive. But it was too late and he got me. I was pinned to the ground and I think he tried to tear my throat open. He only got to bite with his fangs and take some of my blood when Raj killed him too. I was laying on the ground but still I felt like I was swinging. Raj did something and then he pulled me up and dragged me to here. The doctor said that I got vampire venom in my system and that's why I felt so terrible." Paul said and looked carefully at me.

I was so pissed off. "Raj is just an idiot. Why the hell kill vampires who have done nothing wrong? Oh god, I have so much to explain to the Leader of the Night Children."

"Sir? Am I in trouble?" Paul asked nervous when I didn't answer anything to his story.

"Oh no, no. You did the right thing. Thank you for telling me that. Allthough, I must say that what Raj did when you was almost unconcious was that he took the vampires fangs." I looked carefully Pauls face, so I can see how he reacted. He looked terrified. Well that was good thing. One problem less for me.

"What?!" Paul almost yelled.

"Yeah, I talked to him and he decided that he wanted to spent his last night in the Cell. And looks like he is going to the Gard for a while at lest. That is not acceptable. And oh I almost forget. This morning I spoke to everyone and told them to not take fangs or any other body parts from anyone. That's forbidden but I think you woudn't do that. I also said that we should try to solve situation by talking, not killing. And that we protect anyone who needs help. It can be mundane or warlock or somebody else, but if they are in trouble, it's our job to protect them." I looked at Paul and saw a hint of respect in his eyes.

"That's good to hear. I think too that killing is not an answer and I really appreciate that you take this matter in your hands and put clear rules to it. Thank you, sir", Paul said sincerely.

I was just about to answer to him, when someone rushed in.

"Help, we need help. Somebody help us!" I heard Jace to scream.

I looked at them and I show how Jace and Underhill carried someone to the bed. "Wait not someone, that's Izzy!"

"Omg Iz, are you alright? What happened?!" I screamed at them and run to them.

"Steve, send Dorothea a fire message to come here as quickly as she can", Jace said. Steve did as he was told and I went next to Izzy and felt how weak her pulse was.

"Jace, what happened to her?" I asked him really worried but didn't get the answer this time either because Dorothea, who was a friend of Clary and that way become friend of us, came in the room.

"What's wrong?" Dorothea asked and looked worried.

"It's Izzy. We were on a patrol when we heard yelling from a house and when we noticed that the house was glamoured, we thought to check was there everything alright", Jace told.

Dorothea checked Izzy with her magic and started to heal her. "And?" She asked.

Jace continued: " When we went in, we saw about 25 warlocks there. I think they had some short of meeting there. Anyway, there were two people on the ground and the other one was punching the other. Izzy immediately went to in the middle to stop the punching but the warlock cast some sort of spell to Iz and she flew few meters back and I think she hit her head to the floor. Me and Steve went to her and thought that we should get Izzy here as soon as possible. So is she going to be alright?" Jace asked really worried.

"She is going to be alright. That was just really powerful magic that hit her, so I heal her but it will take a while before she is completely health. She need rest and she need to eat well", Dorothea said.

I was so relieft. She was going to be okay. I turned to look Jace and Steve and asked "Do you know the warlocks name who attackted to Izzy?" I asked trying to be calm as possible. Jace saw right through me and said "I'm not sure, I haven't see him earlier, I think I don't.."

"I think I heard some of the warlock said that he was the new High Warlock of Brooklyn, Magnus Bane", Steve said. "Someone also said that they didn't think someone could be worse than Lorenzo but now after they have seen how he punched the Warlock, they are not sure which one is it," Steve said thoughtfully and didn't see Jaces angry face.

"Magnus Bane?" Dorothea said in astonisment.

"Do you know him?" I asked.

"Not really but I have met him few times and that behave doesn't sound like him. He is in the Warlock Counsil, but he isn't after fame, he truly wants to help other warlocks and solve problems fairly" Dorothea said and you could hear that she respected Bane very much.

Jace looked even angrier but then he looked me and pleaded with his eyes to not going to meet the guy. He know that I was going to say or do something bad to him.

"Thank you, Underhill. You have been very helpful. You get free night, I put someone else to do your patrol end. And thank you Dorothea for saving Izzys life. We'll be forever grateful for that. If you excuse me, I have some paperwork to do", I said and left the Infirmary.

I went to my room and sent a pretty angry fire message to this new High Warlock of Brooklyn. I was so furious about him what he did to Iz. I heard a knock on my door and Jace stepped inside.

"Are you gonna meet him?" He asked.

"No, why would I do that?" I lied and tried to avoid Jaces gaze. I knew that he would be trying to stop me if he knew.

"Alec, I'm your parabatai, I know when you lie. And I know that I can't stop you, so please can I come with you and try to prevent things to escalated to too big?" He asked worried.

I think that through, and if I was being honest, I didn't want to Jace to come with me. I didn't want him to see what I would do, because yet I didn't know either what I would do. But as well Jace knew that he couldn't prevent me to go, I did know that he was going to be there, no matter what I answered to him. I got fire message and saw that Bane has answered.

"We will meet him in hour in the park. Get ready", I said.

// Hello everyone! I hope your doing great🥰 sorry for the wait!😔 it seems that this fic isn't going really fast forward but I haven't forget it! I think I publish the next part around Christmas, 'cause then I have a little holiday and maybe a little free time😂 Like always, I would love to hear you thoughts about this chapter!❤️ See you (hopefully) soon!!