8

Sumni and I looked at each other all worried. We had no idea what was going on, so we asked Sundong for more information. He was unable to explain more apparently. It was all new to him.
"I got a phone call from prison on my way home tonight. It was Seungdon. He told me that some cops arrested him? He's accused of drug possession and dealing. What the fuck!"

Sundong looked at us, like he couldn't understand a thing. But we could. Sunmi looked worried about the woman phone call, but had to explain everything to him.
"Look." Sunmi tried to explain the situation in brief. It was a difficult thing to do. "Our brother is indeed involved, but that's another story."
"What do you mean it's another story? I need to know, what the hell are you saying, Sunmi. Seungdon is a junkie? A drug dealer? What? And how the fuck do you know?" He caught his breath. "What the hell is going on?"

Silence for a bit. Sundong stood there all upset and confused, with a desperate look on his face, but we could understand his frustration. Suddenly finding out that your twin brother is involved with drugs, is not the most ordinary thing on earth.
"He did this for us, okay? So enough with the questions already. We need to go check on him immediately."

And that's what we did that night. We all drove to the city's prison, trying to meet with their "new inmate, Lee Seungdon", like they said. After waiting for a whole hours outside the prison visit room, a guard called us in. Two other guards were keeping Seungdon and led him to the table that we were sitting. The atmosphere was terrible. I didn't know how to treat that man anymore. He had beaten me up the other day, but now here I was, visiting him in prison, all worried about his situation.

His siblings were not less upset and worried than me.
"What happened?" Sunmi asked him, telling Sundong to hush for a while. He would soon understand everything.

Seungdon couldn't even look his siblings in the eyes. He looked angry and disappointed. Wearing that terrible prison costume, had me shaken down.
"The assistants. The fucking assistants... They were damn undercover cops."
"What the fuck." I couldn't believe what was happening.

I was the only one to completely understand, what was going on there, since I was his partner for the past two months. The fact that we had trusted two strangers, of course proved to be a stupid idea. Something fatal for both of us, since it was a matter of time for me to get arrested and go to jail too.
"Fuck, Those little bastards." I tried to keep my voice low, but I was so pissed off and had completely forgotten that Seungdon had punched me.

He stood up and walked around the table, full of anxiety.
"Hey, you!" A prison guard addressed him. "Sit down, your time is running out." And he did obeyed.

After 10 minutes of talking to us, he insisted his siblings leave us two alone, because he needed to tell me something confidential. I was afraid. I signed Sunmi to wait for me outside the building along with her brother. She nodded okay and quickly caressed my arm. They left and I stayed there sitting with Seungdon.

He was looking at me and looking at me... I didn't know how to feel about it.
"Your eye..." He finally had spoken.
"Yeah. It's getting better."
"Sorry... That wasn't right of me to hit a woman on the face." He admitted.
"I saw that coming anyway..." I chuckled. Yes. After what I had been through these days, I could still find the courage to laugh back at it.
"Why though?" He asked and looked me in the eyes again. His eyes were clear. "Why did you try so much to have my sister?"

I took a deep breath and realized to myself, why I had risked it all for her.
"I... Seungdon, I love your sister. There are some feelings that we can't control... And I wished things were completely different. I wish I had met her somehow else, but these kind of things don't have a timing, you know."
He stayed there listening to me with complete concentration.
"Sometimes I wish I had never accepted the job offer. I wish I was never a drug dealer. But I guess we will meet again in here." I looked around me.