An Introduction From The Ghost Of Adrian Andrews

I know why you are here. You are here for a tale of adventure ... am I right? I can tell you a tale of adventure, and not only that; adventure, betrayal, romance and action. That voice behind you: do you know who it is? Can you feel the chills down your spine?

The voice you hear is me. I am Adrian Andrews, I was once a maid of Lord Engarde, and Princess Franziska's lover. Franziska's father is a powerful king, he rules Attornia and his lust for power still his children were murdered, all but baby Franziska. He took Miles Edgeworth in, and raised him as his own child. He had planned for Franziska and Miles to be married and rule Attornia after his death.

Things can't always go right all the time. Princess Franziska met me at a party going on in Engarde's residence. Lord Edgeworth suspected Lord Engarde of treason and tried to clear his name by inviting the royal family over to a lavish dinner. We formed a friendship that night and visited each other often afterwards. Eventually we fell in love and kissed. We always wrote poems to one another. I kept the poetry inside the wooden box in the corner of my little chamber, under my bed.

One night, we were caught by one of the most respected men in the land: Lord Gant. He had a reputation for being gracious and trustworthy. He knew that homosexuality was illegal and that having a relationship with a member of the royal family without the king's permission was a crime, but he shrugged it off. He told us to embrace who we were and to be fearless. He took us to Attornia Lake and discussed the beauty of nature and swimming.

I had made good friends with a lot of people from the kingdom. As for Princess Franziska, she taught me how to face my fears and fend for myself.

I met Franziska's mother, Fantina. I served her fruit and water. She said I was a very kind person and she knew about the affair. She said she's glad that Franziska had someone like me in her life. However, just because the queen approved, it doesn't mean the king will. I have heard she's tried to lift the homosexual ban for years.

That very same night, I went into Franziska's chamber and gave her a passionate kiss. His Majesty, King Manfred walked into the room. He screamed.

I was too shocked to bow. My common sense abandoned me, long ago and I was helpless. The king pinched his forehead and ordered me out of the room. I was sentenced to be executed without a trial. You see, a lot of people would describe Manfred as a good king. Although others would criticize him for declaring too many wars, and holding too many executions, Manfred would never listen to the criticism as he wanted perfection, and he saw me as an imperfect suitor to his daughter.

It was also the last time I ever saw Franziska while alive. I was thrown in a black dungeon never to see Franziska again. I was forced to make a confession saying that I have sinned. I only confessed my utter love for the future Queen of Attornia. It was the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I didn't lie to the priests, I made my confessions and he helped me make peace with God before I died. The king thought my sins were too deep for just one priest: He ordered three to be present.

When dawn broke, I knew my fate. I was nervous, naturally and yet I knew what I had to do: die for Franziska. I said my prayers and walked into the final light of day. The crowds jeered and threw stones at me. A lot of them screamed whore, a failure of a maid, a witch and a traitor. It did not surprise me, what did was how the news spread like a wild fire in the forest. I was crowded and ashamed. I never got any sleep so I was trembling all over the place. One of the guards had to slap me while the other dragged me up to the scaffold.

"Pray for my love, the future Queen of Attornia and the queen of my heart."

There was nothing more to say. I knelt down and closed my eyes. The executioner held me down to the block and my soul left my body. While Franziska is free to love another, I will always be her angel. My death is just a fraction of the story. There is much to know about Attornia.