Chapter 8

The next thing Morgan knew was that she was in the landslide zone next to Todoroki, surround by a bunch of villains. Before Morgan could start attacking, Todoroki extended an arm in front of her, blocking her path. He looked at her with a calming gaze as a signal to trust him, making Morgan scoff in response but didn't make any attempts to resist.

Without a second later, the one side of the entire mountain was frozen. The enemies trapped in his ice as they stared up with horror and shock. Even Moran was a bit shocked as she followed him down the landslide, trying to maintain her balance on the ice. 

"These aren't real villains. They're just a bunch of low life thugs. There are probably only 4 to 5 real threats here." He muttered to her. A shout came behind and Morgan quickly turned around and saw a villain charging toward them with a spear-like weapon. She grabbed the weapon and let heat rush to her palms. The weapon melted under her touch and she used this opportunity to  punch the guy in the stomach, making him fly back. 

"Those two aren't kids! They're monsters!" One of the villains shouted. Morgan felt something spark inside of her. Her hands hands were hotter by the second until she felt a cool breeze on her face. Todoroki was holding up his hand up to her face, letting a soft breeze of cold air hit her. "Calm down before you melt all the ice." He told Morgan.

Morgan looked around her and saw that large portion of the ice around her had already melted away. If it wasn't for him keeping Morgan in check, she would have melted all of his ice. "Go check on the others. I'll take care of everything else." He said.

She nodded and let her wings extend out then launch herself off the ground and flew off to find the others. Morgan hovered around to find anyone who needed help. 

Sounds of fights and screaming came from the mountain zone, catching her attention. She watched as entire zone be filled up with electricity and every villain got electrocuted. Once it calmed down, she watched Jiro and Momo come out from under a white blanket as Denki walked around with an idiotic expression. 

Loud crashes and fighting could be heard from somewhere else. Morgan turned her head to see All Might, letting a wave of relief wash over her, knowing that they had a better chance in winning now. Morgan watched as the others fought and when she was about to fly over to where All Might was until she saw a spark in the corner of her eye.

She looked back at the mountain zone to see a villain holding onto Denki by his jacket as electricity came out of his own hand. Morgan looked between the mountain zone and All Might, unable to decide who to help. Momo and Jiro stood there with their hands up in the air in defense as the villain was saying something Morgan couldn't hear but whatever it was, it wasn't good news.

She quietly flew closer and hid behind a large boulder. She listened closely and focusing on what the villain was saying. "If you two don't start killing each other, this idiot gets it!" He snarled and brought his hand close to Denki's head. 

"Wait don't! Come on, there has to be another way?" Jiro said with a nervous laugh as Morgan watched her earphone jack slowly enter her boot to attack. "Don't even try to move!" He shouted and moved his hand closer to Denki. 

Jiro stopped and retracted her earphone jack. The two girls looked at each other nervously, knowing that they didn't have another choice.

Morgan qucily came out of her hiding spot then flew towards them, slamming herself into the villain and Denki, grabbing Denki by his jacket jacket and ripped it out of the villain's grip. She kicked Denki away from us and slammed the villain into the mountainside.

She didn't have time to think of her next move when he grabbed her by her throat and shot electricity through her veins. She shouted in pain before gritting her teeth so he wouldn't get the satisfaction of hurting her. She can't show anyone that she was weak. 

She felt the electricity pumping through her veins as everything began to feel overwhelming and her breathing was getting out of control.  She used whatever will power she had to raise her fist up to his stomach and gave him a solid punch. He grunted in pain and his grip loosened. 

Morgan fell back coughing and panting for air. Her neck had scorch marks and it and it burned like crazy. The villain walked past Morgan and towards Jiro and Momo, the villain's hands ready to fire another blast of lightning at them.

She pushed aside her pain and got up on her feet, running toward him then locking the villain in a headlock. "Get away from them!" Morgan snarled loudly and felt his hands grab her arm, shooting more electricity into her. 

She placed her free hand on his helmet, letting her powers surge through her hand once again. It didn't take long for her hands to glow bright orange with heat as her hand melted easily through his helmet. 

"Wait, no! Stop!" His screams turned into cries of pain as he begged. His hands began to flail and his legs kicked around. Morgan couldn't stop herself and kept pushing down until she melted past his thick helmet and reached his head. He screamed in pain as her hands melted through the skin on his head. 

"Morgan, stop!" Momo shouted and tugged Morgan back, causing her to let go of the villain. Morgan growled and tried to rip free of whoever was holding her back. 

Morgan glanced from side to side to see Jiro and Momo holding her back, hugging both her arms. Morgan felt herself calm down and regain control, the heat in her hand died away as she looked down at the villain. He was dead now, bleeding out from his head and out the hole of his helmet. 

Morgan stumbled back in horror and looked down at her hand that was covered in blood. Morgan felt the world around her crumble down when she realized that she killed someone. 

"Morgan? Morgan?" Jiro asked in a soft tone as she gently grasped Morgan's clean hand. Jiro looked down at her, unsure what to say after what Morgan did. "It's okay Morgan. You didn't mean it." She said and squeezed her hand. Morgan  gulped and didn't have the courage to look up, feeling nothing but guilt and anger towards herself.

She felt Momo pull her into a comforting side hug while stroking her hair. 

------------

The two held Morgan close in between them as they walked towards the exit. Denki followed behind them, still in his idiotic state. 

Everything was finally over and the Pro heroes finally came. Morgan felt sick from the electricity and had the strong urge to throw up after what happened. 

"Honey, you're okay!" someone call out to Morgan, making her look up see Midnight coming over. She pulled Morgan into a tight hug and buried her face on her shoulder. "When I heard about what happened, I was so worried about you and Alex." She said, her voice quivering in fear.

Morgan frowned and hugged her back. Morgan has never seen her like this and it was out of her character to act like this. She pulled away from Morgan to look at her, her eyes teary and her bottom lip slightly shaking. "I'm fine," Morgan said and looked away, unable to meet her eyes when she remembered the villain she killed.

"I'm just glad my two kids are okay. Alex is outside waiting for you." She told Morgan and gave her a kiss on the forehead. She gave Morgan's shoulders a squeeze before walking away towards the other Pro heroes. 

"I didn't know Midnight was your mom," Jiro said and linked with her left arm while Momo linked on her right.

"Never asked," Morgan replied. Jiro smiled at Morgan's response and gently nudged her. "Got me there," She chuckled.

Morgan let out a small chuckle as they led her out of the building.