Chapter 2: Consilium Vindictae

ACE

THE ENEMY team serves the ball, one of my colleagues stops the ball from hitting the ground of our court and then Riley toss it on the air. I run in the direction of the ball and jump as high as I can and with all my strength, I strike the inflated ball towards the enemy court.

As the ball touches the ground, the referee blows his whistle and shouted the word 'score!' while his raising his hand. my team won the game.

"Nice game!" Riley and I gave each other a high five.

The crowd screamed as we won the game. Some girls shouted my name while the others shouted Riley's name.

Pinunasan ko ang pawis na tumutulo sa aking mukha. I sweats a lot because of the game.

I saw Evelyn and May sitting on the bench near in the exit door of our gymnasium. She looked at me so that I wave my right hand but, she snob me.

Lumapit si Riley sakin at ini-abot niya ang malamig na energy drink.

"I hear that you're friendly with Evelyn now" Riley said while drinking his carbonated juice drink. "Saan mo naman yan narinig?" I ask him. "Usap-usapan yan sa ating klase, Everyone think that the Heartless Princess might finally fall this time" He said

Its not like that at all. In reality, she's only been mean to me ever since. That's delusional.

Girls are so scary when it comes to love.

Masaya kaming nag-uusap ni Riley nang biglang may dumaan sa likuran ko. "Don't get full of yourself... Ace"

I looked at the guy who said that to me. It took me a seconds after I recognized its appearance. Its Khen Dela Cruz, one of the guy that Evelyn's rejected.

I guess it's not only girls who are scary when it comes to love.

"What's the matter Ace?" Tanong ni Riley. I only smiled at him and then we head to the mens locker room to change our clothes.

The bell rang, and its almost afternoon. Its time for us to go home.

Naglalakad ako pauwi nang makita ko sina Evelyn at May. Evelyn whispered something on May and then suddenly May left Evelyn's alone.

Lalapitan ko na sana siya nang makita kong papalapit din sa kanya ang kaklase kong si Khen Dela Cruz.

"Mag-isa ka yata ngayon?" Dinig kong tanong ni Khen kay Evelyn "Hinihintay mo ba ang ka-date mong si Ace?"

Nagulat naman si Evelyn sa biglang pagsulpot ni Khen sa likuran niya. "You're the Pudding Pri—"

"Shut up!" Khen yelled at Evelyn. And then suddenly Khen grabbed the hair of Evelyn. "You ripped up my letter, but Ace's just fine? It must be nice to be a hot guy"

"Looks doesn't matter, let go of me!" Sabi ni Evelyn habang ini-inda ang sakit ng pagkakahawak ni Khen sa kanyang buhok.

"You think you're such a princess, looking down on everyone else" Khen took a scissors from his pocket. He pointed it on Evelyn. "Para ito sa mga lalaking ni-reject mo, including me!"