Chapter 10- How Brett saved Patrices Life

Evans POV

I couldn't stop thinking about my conversation with Brett throughout the whole gym class. "Goldman. Get your head in the game. 50 push-ups." our coach yells I get started on push-ups. (I won't bore you with details) finally after forever I finish. "Okay class-" he is cut off by someone opening the door. We all turn our heads. I smile. "Sorry to interrupt coach but ms. Coffin asked me to bring this to you." Patrice says. I raise an eyebrow and she smirks. she hands coach the paper and hurts out the room, but on the way out she brushes her hand against mine. After that class I sort of flaunt Patrice whenever I see Brett, like kiss her cheek or put my arms around her waist, or kiss her neck, etc. Okay It sounds like I'm using her to make him jealous but he deserves to be upset.

•••••••••••••••

Patrice's POV

"Arch wait up!" I call out to Archie. "He turns around. "What?" he says glumly. "Look Archie were really sorry, and I wanted to invite you and maybe Maya if she wants to come to the fair tonight? It opens tonight.'' I say. He smiles. "Maya's still sick but I'll still come. Thanks Patrice." he says. We hug, more like I hug and he does to the best of his ability. I walk away towards my house, and Evans on my porch. He hops up when he sees me coming. "What'd he say?" he asks me. "He sad yes, but Maya isn't coming she's still sick." I say. "Good" he says grabbing my waist. "Okay we should get inside I have to change." I say. "Why you look beautiful." he says. I blush. "Not because I care how it looks it's supposed to get hot and I'm wearing pants and a sweater." I say. He raises an eyebrow and laughs. we go inside. "My moms not home. let's go upstairs we have to meet Archie in 20 minutes at his house." I say. we go upstairs and I grab black denim shorts, and an Aeropostale T-shirt. I go into the bathroom and change. When I come out i put on whit converse and my locket. Then I fishtail my hair off my shoulder. i grab a black crossbody bag with my phone, lipgloss, my house keys, and my fair pass. "ready?" I ask evan. "Yep" he says smiling we walk out the door hand in hand to Archie's house.

••••••••••••••

Evans POV

"It smells like fried everything here." I say. "I know it's disgusting." Archie says right before stuffing funnel cake in his mouth. Patrice and I both laugh. When we finish eating we go on a few roller coasters, and some other weird rides. "Hey let's go on that ride!" Patrice says. We look at it. The death tower. It looks like it. your in a boat type thing that swings in a full circle and stops while it's upside down. "C'mon the rows have three seats lets go!" she says. We get in line and go on the next round. after we help Archie in we get on the ride.

Patrice's POV

The guy comes around and checks out buckles. mine feels weird but maybe that's how it's supposed to be. I shrug it off. we start going side to side and I hold Evans hand tight. Then we go all the way up and upside down. We hang there. My buckle feels really weird. The next thing I know wind is rushing in my ears and I hear Evan and Archie screaming. I start to scream. Did I really just fall? am I going to die. I'm going to die if I land on my head. But I don't land on the ground. I land in someone's arms. Oh thank the kind for this person. "Oh my god thank you so-" I turn to look at them. "Brett." I say. "Hi Patrice" he says. obviously Lucy's somewhere else because he would've gotten in trouble for saying my name if she was here. "Patrice!! Oh my god are you okay! I would have checked sooner but I got sick because I was worried." Evan says rushing over to me. He throws his arms around me and squeezes me so tightly. I hug back and soon were just standing there hugging in front of Brett and Archie. "You could've died." Evan says. I feel something wet on my hair. Is he crying? "Evan it didn't actually happen. I say. " I know I just don't even want to imagine a world without you."he says. "Well then you can thank Brett for catching me. " I say. "Thank you so much." He says turning to Brett. "No problem. it's not to often you see pretty girls falling form the sky, might as well catch them." he says before turning and walking away. Did he just call me pretty?

Vote

Comment

Feedback?

Disclaimer: I don't own 13 or it's characters