✥ one ✥

✥     ✥     ✥     ✥     ✥

     Thunder cracked against the early morning sky, creating a rumble that could be felt miles away. The incoming storms causing the temperatures to drop, sending a bitter breeze through the front door, as well as the several cracked windows, of the Addison Apartments.

     The Addison Apartments were settled in the middle of the small town known as Nockfell. Nockfell was an eerie town. Everyone knew each other and everyone knew each other's business. It was also a town that, normally, had no visitors, no bypassers, and especially no new people.

     The town was always dull and gray, the only time ever seeing the sunny, blue skies, was in the months of July through August. This is what made the town seem so unpleasant.

     (Y/N) was a resident at the Addison Apartments; living in the basement apartment, 1B, with her mother, Lisa, and her twin brother, Larry. (Y/N) has only known the apartments, her parents living there before her and her twin brother were born.

     Lisa, their mother, was the custodian and maintenance worker of the building and has been for quite some time. It was a decent job and paid the bills for her and her children, not to mention the free apartment they got to live in.

     The elevator doors opened and (Y/N) stepped out onto the freshly vacuumed red carpet. Her mother stood at the end of the hall putting away the vacuum at the time. Room 104 was used for storage purposes and held most of Lisa's supplies.

     (Y/N) walked across the carpet over to the large wall that housed all of the mailboxes. Each small, gold box listed a name and an apartment number, which were getting harder and harder to read as the years crept forward, the tarnish worsening with time. She reached in her pocket, pulling out the small key that unlocked her family's mailbox. After giving it a swift turn she opened it, revealing a pile of mail, days old.

     She grumbled to herself about how lazy her brother was and how he couldn't do a task as simple as getting the mail. The front door opened behind her, sending a wave of crisp, cool air in, causing goosebumps to pepper across her skin. She turned around to see a police officer stomp his way over to the elevator. Once inside, he grimaced at the young teenager staring at him.

     The doors shut and the elevator climbed to floor number four, where police were stationed. This morning, as Larry and (Y/N) were watching television, Lisa told her mischievous children to stay off of the fourth floor, as something bad had happened. This didn't surprise the twins whatsoever. Something always happens in this complex. The first being the Holmes Family.

     This happened several years ago while (Y/N) and Larry we're still quite small. Stacy was the husband of Luke Holmes and they had a small daughter named Megan. Luke had found out Stacy had been cheating on him, setting him into a rage where he killed both his wife, as well as his young child, before killing himself.