✥ three ✥

✥     ✥     ✥     ✥     ✥

"f_nd  th_  cr_st_l,  f_nd  m_  d_ _ght_r, sh_'s th_  _n_  wh_  c_n  s_v_  th_s  pl_c_"

     The same fragmented phrase played through Sal's dreams since his father put their old house on the market. For months now, Sal had tried to figure out what the broken words meant. One by one, he managed to piece the phrase back together, each dream giving him a new letter. Last night, it was revealed to him.

find the crystal, find my daughter, she's the one who can save this place.

     Two days ago, Sal had opened the puzzle box that belonged to Larry and (Y/N)'s father. Inside was a note and an item wrapped in tissue paper. The note told him to find the one who sees. Another cryptic phrase haunting through his mind.

     Sal wondered if the two were connected. After opening the box and coming face to face with ... whatever that floating being was, Sal shoved the box and it's contents into a corner, not touching it again.

     He stood up from his computer chair and swiftly moved towards the puzzle box, which seemed to stare at him, even though it had no eyes. He picked up the note, scanning the ink once more, before moving on to the item in the tissue paper.

     Inside was a crystal. It's iridescent violet hue sparkled under the light. Sal carefully unwrapped it, afraid of the frangible state it could be in. As his finger tips connected with it's surface he felt a burning sensation, as if it had been placed in a fire.

     "Fuck." He mumbled, dropping the crystal to the ground. He winced, waiting for the small item to shatter on the ground, but instead it tumbled under the stand. He grabbed the tissue paper and picked it up, rewrapping it. He placed the item in his pocket and grabbed his Gear Boy and his backpack, stuffing the puzzle box inside, heading out of his room to the elevator.

     The short decent felt like forever and once he was in the basement, he could feel the crystal heating up in his pocket. The phrase began repeating itself. Find the crystal, find my daughter.

     Once the doors opened he bolted, jogging towards the Johnson's door. He knocked several times before Larry answered.

     "Hey, Sally dude, what's happening?" Sal could smell the skunky smell of the joint Larry had just put out.

     "I need to talk to you and (Y/N)." He said, brushing past the tall brown haired boy. He quickly pulled the crystal from his pocket and tossed it on the kitchen counter.

     Larry walked over, looking at his few friend wondering what had gotten into him. He was acting strange. He looked up to see his sister walking from the bathroom.

     "Hey, Sally." She said, walking over to where the two boys were standing, "What brings you here?" She asked.

     "Okay, so the other night I was up in your treehouse. I managed to open the puzzle box from your father." He pulled the box from his bookbag. "There was a note that said "give this to the one who sees" or some stupid shit like that."