✥ four ✥

"Sally, please don't say anything about this. Not even to Larry." (Y/N) said as her and Sal walked through the abandoned apartment. She followed behind him as he swiftly moved through the door and to the elevator.

"It all makes sense now." Sal said, ignoring what (Y/N) had just said. "They crystal belongs to the one who sees. You're you the one sees. The Phantom is your dad!" He said, stopping abruptly, startling (Y/N). He spun around to look at her. "Your father is the one who I keep seeing in my dreams."

"The Phantom?" She questioned, crossing her arms. "Are you talking about the face in your dreams? The same one I've seen? Sal, that looks nothing like my dad."

"Yeah, I know, but maybe he's not a ghost. Maybe he's in-between and his spirit is being effected by something." He said, turning to press the call button on the elevator.

(Y/N) rubbed her temples, "Sal, I think you're over analysing this stuff. I think you just saw a ghost and they're just messing with you." She said, stepping into the elevator. "Not every spirit is nice like Megan."

"(Y/N), it has to be your dad!" He said once more, turning to the girl on his left. She started to seem aggravated, Sal felt bad for pushing the conversation.

"My dad's not dead." She frowned as the elevator came to a stop. "Don't say that around Larry. Don't bring any of this up around him, okay?"

Sal frowned to himself and nodded, "I'm sorry, (Y/N). I won't say anything to, Larry."

The first day of school came faster than the group of friends would have hoped. (Y/N) waited outside of the apartments for the three boys to join her. A few moments later, Sal, Larry, and Todd emerged from the building, chatting about something (Y/N) couldn't hear. As they combined, the group walked towards their first day.

About a block from school, (Y/N) heard a voice in the distance. She turned around to see her friend, Ashley, running towards them. "Wait up, you guys!" She exclaimed.

The group stopped, waiting for Ashley to catch up. Once she did, she placed an arm around (Y/N)'s shoulder. (Y/N) and Ashley have been friends since 4th grade. The brown haired girl quickly became friends with Larry and Todd, combining the two friend groups into one.

"Hey." (Y/N) said, leaning her head against Ashley's arm. "How was camp?" For the last half of the summer, Ashley attended an art camp. Ashley, as well as Larry, was an amazing artist. She was the person who taught Larry how to paint.

"It was great, as always." She chuckled. She looked over at the new person in the group. Sal had walked along silently since Ashley appeared, mostly because he's always afraid of what new people would think of him, and also because Ashley was a very pretty girl.

She smiled at him, removing her arm from around her best friend. "Hi, I'm Ashley, but everyone calls me Ash. You must be Sally, right?" She asked, remembering (Y/N) talking about him. It was very rare for someone to move to the small, gray town, so Sal was already the talk of the town.

Sal nodded, his eyes wide with nervousness. "Yeah, I'm Sal."

She smiled and continued her conversation with (Y/N) as the school became visible in the distance. The large brick building intimidated Sal. He had never been the new kid, and now he was going to be the new kid with the mask.

The group gathered around a tree in the back, waiting for the starting bell. Everyone chatted amongst themselves until the shrill of the bell interrupted.

"Hey, Sal, what class do you have?" Ashley asked as she stopped at her locker, directly next to Sal's.

"M-math, I think." He stammered. Sal had never felt this way about a girl before, so he didn't know how to act around her. He could feel his face turning red the more she smiled at him, thankfully his mask covered that.