The Hanging Tree

I jolted up from my teammate shoving me,"Holy fuck what do you want, Jake?" He pulled me up,"Dude get dressed, it's about Yang!" I quickly threw on my clothes. And followed Jake to the team RWBY dorm. I heard moans from inside. I used my semblance, Epitaph. My eyes turned to the texture of stary space as I saw forward in time. I had opened the door, I saw Yang and  Sun. They were naked and fornicating. I felt rage. I stopped using my semblance. Jake saw all the color drain from my eyes. They went from a bright turquoise to a dark grey.

My eyes watered. Jake looked to me,"Y/n, are you okay?" I nodded looking down,"I'll be at Junior's." Jake nodded and watched me stumble away. I made my way to a bullhead and went to Vale. I made my into Junior's and sat down at the bar. Junior approached me from the other side of the bar,"Hey it's Blondie's boyfriend." I corrected him my voice broken and monotone,"Ex boyfriend." Junior's face saddened,"I'm sorry to hear that. What happened?" I place some lien on the bar,"Caught her fucking my friend." He nodded,"I honestly didn't expect that from her." I nodded back. I couldn't bear to look anyone in the eyes right now,"Strongest whiskey, whole bottle." He went to a backroom and returned with a large bottle of Fireball Whiskey,"It's on me."

I thanked him and popped open the bottle. I started drinking. I remember the memories I had with her.

I jumped off the bullhead that had landed on the beacon landing pad. I ran to the school eager to start studying there. I turned a corner in one of the hallways and accidentally collided with a face full of cleavage. I quickly backed away shouting,"I'm s-so s-sorry!" The owner of said cleavage was a tall blonde with purple eyes,"Woah Y/n! Is that you?" I smiled,"Yang?" She pulled me into a bearhug,"I haven't seen you in a long time!" I chuckled hugging back.

I felt a tear role down my face. I tilted the bottle up once again.

I walked up to the dorm of Team RWBY. I breathed trying to calm myself. I held the sunflower in my hand. I then knocked on the door. Ruby opened the door,"Hey Y/n!" I nodded,"Hey Ruby. Is there any chance I could speak to Yang?" She looked into her dorm,"Yang! Y/n's here!"I held the sunflower behind my back. Soon after Yang appeared,"Hey, what's up?" I let out,"Can we speak privately?" She nodded and stepped out into the hallway closing the door behind her,"Y/n is something wrong?"
I sighed,"No I just wanted to ask you something." She raised her eyebrow,"Well?" I pulled out the sunflower from behind my back,"I just wanted to know if you wanted to go out on a date with me?" She smiled,"Of course!" I breathed a happy sigh of relief,"Thank god."

I started sobbing. I started chugging. Then everything goes dark. I was woken up by Junior,"Kid you okay?" I grabbed my throbbing head sitting up. He looked concerned,"Kid it's closing time." I nodded standing up from the barstool. I looked at the empty bottle of fireball in my hand. I set it down on the counter. I walked out of the bar and into the early morning. I made my way back towards Beacon. I looked at my scroll: Several missed calls. I pressed ignore and I walked into a gas station.

I walked towards the beer area within the gas station and grabbed a bottle of vodka. I walked up the counter placing it down. I pulled put my wallet as the cashier scanned it,"Party?" I stared emptily at the counter placing down the lien,"Break up." Silence. She took the lien,"Need a bag?" I grabbed the bottle,"No, thank you." I heard a,"Have a good day," to which I replied with a nod as I left the gas station. I popped open the bottle and drank it. I stared at the sidewalk moving out of people's way as I made my way back to beacon.

After a short bullhead flight I landed back at Beacon. I decided to take another trip down memory lane. I walked towards emerald forest. Just before the cliff there was a large oak tree. I sat down at the base of the tree and tilted the vodka up letting the alcohol flow into me.