Replacing one addiction with another

I walked through the streets holding my hands in my jacket pocket. It was a cold day in Los Angles, but I couldn't tell. My cheeks were flush and my thoughts were dizzied. I may have had a few drinks but that doesn't matter. I'm a quiet drunk and can hold my alcohol pretty well. You build a tolerance over time. I looked down at my watch: 8:30. I sighed, I completely forgot about the stream my roommates are doing tonight. I hurried back to the house and pulled out my key unlocking the door. I stepped in closing and locking the door behind me. I walked into the living room where the guys were talking. Carson, Noah, and Cooper looked up to me. Cooper spoke to me, "Out drinking again?" I responded grabbing a water bottle from the fridge, "Yeah."

I walked out of the kitchen and Carson stood up grabbing my arm, "You gonna be alright for the stream tonight?" I feigned a smile, "Ya, I'll be fine." He patted my shoulder, "See you on the Minecraft server." I nodded, "See ya." I walked to my small room and started getting ready for the stream. Modest following of a little over 1 million and I couldn't be any more surprised. I started streaming and was talking to my chat. I smiled and laugh, managing to cover up my drunken state. The guys invited me to the discord call and we all got on the server. I continued building my underground base while filling it with redstone contraptions. I was quite talented with redstone which made me a little unique on the server.

I was a little surprised when Pokimane showed up on the server. The guys teased me about it but very subtlely. I kept glancing at my face cam. It was obvious I was starting to become flustered. I was surprised when I got a discord notification from Poki herself. My eyes widened and I pardoned myself from the discord call and joined Poki's. I felt myself genuinely smile, "Hey Poki, what can I do for you?" I heard her sweet voice and just closed my eyes and smiled, "Hey there, Rivers! Oh! That's right. Chat, this is RagingRivers also known as (Y/n)." I let out a laugh, "I don't think I have to introduce you Poki." She let out a little, "Why not, huh?" I stumbled over my words for a moment and being a little drunk still didn't help, "You're extremely popular and so well known I don't think it would be necessary." Poki seemed to cheer up a little, "Why thank you!" I chuckled, "Chat this is Pokimane, she's apart of the Offline TV group."

My chat was going wild. A lot of talks about ships even someone saying they were gonna draw fan art and someone else saying they were gonna write a fanfiction. My face was becoming a little more flushed, I deafened myself in discord, "You guys need to calm the fuck down. I'm begging you." Those words were not unheard by Poki as she was watching your stream. She giggled at you and her face was a little flush. I undeafened myself, "Sorry about that. Anyhow, what can I do for you?" She spoke with praise, "I heard you were a little talented with redstone and I was wondering if I could watch you and learn a little?" I felt myself grin from ear to ear, "Sure! I was gonna start building a sorting system." Poki gasped, "You can do that?" I laughed, "You can automate almost everything in this game. Here meet me at spawn."

Once Poki and I met up I led her to my base and I began building explaining things as I went along teaching her about sorting systems, flying machines, flush piston doors, and a lot of other things. She seemed to pick some stuff up quickly and others stuff she had trouble but we both had a lot of fun. Eventually, I was getting a little tired and so was Poki. We both left the call after saying goodnight. I sighed and leaned back in my chair. I turned to see chat in full force about me and Poki starting a relationship. I looked up at the ceiling and sighed, "You guys love to torture me don't you?" 

Poki ended her stream and continued watching yours. She sent you a message on discord. She saw you look towards your screen and your eyes light up when you knew it was from her. I smiled and read her message: I had fun tonight. Wouldn't mind doing a world of our own. I let out an exasperated sigh as I blushed again. I responded: I'd love to! You got back: Alright see you tomorrow night! I smiled and the notification for a donation rang through my ears, "You're a poopy head!" I listened to the robotic woman read out the donation message, "It was from Pokimane, wasn't it?" I slapped my desk, "You guys are jerks. Y'know what since you guys are being stinkers, the stream's over." I smiled at the camera, "Goodnight you jerks." I ended the stream and stood up. I walked out into the living room and I was luckily alone. I made dinner for the guys, ate a serving myself and went to bed.