Chapter 6: The St James Ball

Roddy St. James has already met about a couple hundred beautiful girls. None of them captured his interest. He still had to meet a few, but instead he felt like he was mixing. She won't come, he thought. Then a girl in a red dress appeared at the top of the main staircase. The servant took off her coat. Roddy was paralyzed. She was so beautiful. He ran up the stairs after her. Everyone stared at the young Prince . He couldn't contain his excitement. Rita was stunning, but his masculinity stunned its even more. He bowed and held out his hand. She looked around to see if the Toad was nearby. Finally she took his hand and he led her down the steps. "Music!"August roared. His right hand held him down so he wouldn't fall off the balcony. Roddy and Rita went to the center of the dance floor, in front of a tall shiny Christmas tree. When the music started, they danced together for the first and maybe even the last time. "Glad you're here." He said. "Sorry I'm late."Rita Said. "It wasn't my fault though. It takes a long time to prepare. And I had to do it at the last minute." He turned her before she turned to him, putting her hand on his shoulder again. "Why?" "I had to pamper about ten spoiled children. She said in an irritated tone. "But I'm glad I got here." "Well, I'm glad you came." As more couples entered the dance, Le Toad made his way through the crowded audience to see who the Prince was dancing with. The tall rat and his wife pushed him away from the waltz. "Who is she?"he muttered. At the same time, Shar Pei, whose hair was in a beautiful bun in a pink dress, looked at her ex with disgust. Rita was a beautiful girl. Shar Pei then began to rage with jealousy. Rita had a slimmer figure, a more gorgeous smile, and a better laugh. And from the look on her face, Sharpe saw that she was happy. "Rita, have you eaten?" "No, I didn't take my food." She laughed. "Let me accompany you to dinner." He took her hand gracefully and walked into the dining room next door. It was empty except for a few maids washing tables. They sat by each other's fireplace. Rita ordered a tadpole. Lucky for her, it was the last one left. She's never tasted anything good since she left her family . The tadpoles in the Palace were about the same as her mother. Mother, she thought. She was trapped in her mind with memories of her mother making a tadpole for the whole family. The fork slipped from her hand and fell to the floor. "Rita." She was freed from her memories. "Rita, are you okay?" Rita pushed the plate forward and sat down on a chair. She looked miserable. Roddy got up and walked over to her. "Rita, what's wrong?"He put a gentle hand on her shoulder. She turned and looked at him, speechless for a moment. "Well, you know I've been a slave to lead Toad since I was eight. I'm seventeen now. I was sending my salary if you consider one pound of salary to my family. Thirty-nine of them all live in a shack with nothing to eat. So I eat their favorite food. I'm not hungry anymore." He thought she would cry, but she didn't. He caressed her flawless cheek. "I'm willing to send your family more than one pound, and a year's supply of food and clothing if you want me to help." "Would you?" "Certainly. I'll do anything to help." Rita's mood changed again. She smiled and thanked him. "And I feel like I need to tell you something." "What is it?" "I know we don't know each other very well, and it might seem awkward. But I think I'm in love with you, Rita." "Now, why aren't you afraid to Express your opinion?" "Me." Said Roddy. "But I just wanted you to know." "Well, I have to say; I've never met a guy brave enough to confess his feelings to a girl so quickly. You know, it's easier to wait. But I'm glad you told me." "Really?"he asked. He cleared his throat. "I mean, really?"" Rita giggled. "I love you too for a long time."Rita Said." She removed his hand from her face and held it between her. "Let's dance." When they returned, the dance floor was Packed. They squeezed through without hesitation. They had a friendly conversation when king Augustus approached them. "Can I turn it on?"his loud but low voice drew their attention to the noise of the orchestra. Roddy backed off. Rita is jealous of the king. "Five minutes."Said Roddy. Rita couldn't say no to the king when they danced. "Tell me, young lady, what Kingdom are you from?" Rita didn't know what to say. Most of the girls in the room were associated with kings, heirs, or the rich. "I came from far away." "Where is it?" "Far away."She repeated. "I thought the ogres ruled it." "It was just a movie." She said. If he keeps asking her questions, she'll break, and he'll know she's not Royal. Roddy watched them mix in Danish. The toad caught his attention. He looked at her like a pedophile, or rather a snake about to eat her. Suspiciously, he approached one of the false knights on the walls and took one of their swords. They were as real as any other weapon. He put the sword and sheath to his belt again and began to follow. "Roddy, what are you doing?"Shar Pei angrily approached him. "Is that why you left me? For her?" "I just met her tonight."He lied, trying to look innocent. "Yeah, right. You like her!" "And your point of view? Shar Pei, I left you for my family, not my girlfriend." "So what if Maggie hates me?" "Be careful. You take one step, and if it makes her angry, she can kick you off the show." "It is not necessary. Because I'm leaving." "Since when?" "From now on!" She kicked him in the leg and he stared at her. He wasn't in any pain.

After August spent a lot of time with Rita, he left her on the dance floor. She breathed a sigh of relief. She went to drink champagne and drank it. Shar-Pei approached her. You hear me, I don't know who you are If you ever go near my Roddy again. You wish you were born. "Excuse me."Rita Said. "I didn't steal it from you. It's up to him to decide who he wants to be with! " Shar Pei was about to attack her, but she stepped back when the Toad paid an unexpected visit. He put his slime-covered hand on Rita's waist. She turned and stepped back. Her heart was about to burst. She could feel her stomach evaporating. "My God, you don't look good."It is supplemented. "You look like my servant. Tell me, can I know your name?» Rita dropped the champagne. The glass shattered as the drink spread across the floor. Rita stepped back. She felt an arm around her shoulders. Roddy was standing next to her. "I know you're a pedophile. He chuckled. He drew his sword from his belt and pointed it at Le Toad's throat. The music stopped. Everyone gasped. "your Highness, I wasn't going to hurt her. I just wanted to know her name." "Really? Because I suspected something more." He growled. "leave her alone." "My apologies, your Highness." Returning to the Airlock, the servants were in their secret hiding place, drinking, dancing and playing music. "Three cheers for the weekend!"Remi shouted, raising his beer mug. "Day off!"the others shouted. They hit their glasses together and celebrated. Pregnant Mercedes sat down with a pale face. She began to breathe heavily. Then she screamed. "Breathe In The Mercedes. I'll take you to my room. Someone get towels and buckets of water! Quick!"Maris cried in a panic. He put the sword back and took Rita to another room, locked the door and told her to lie down and rest. She was lying on the couch, breathing deeply. "Are you all right?" Rita nodded. "I thought he knew you were here." Rita contractionary throws out a laugh. "He changed his mind." "So you weren't allowed to come?" I wasn't. she said. "But I really wanted to come, so I snuck in. If he finds out, he'll have my tail!» "And he won't know." He promised her. "Would you like to go outside for air?" Rita nodded, sat down and went with him to the balcony. It was cold outside. Rita crossed her arms for warmth. Roddy put them in his arms and hugged them. "I just don't understand. It's like he doesn't have a heart. All he loves are his stupid children, his brainless chests, his money and trying to beat your father." "Well, soon you'll be free and I'll be king. And when I do, I will banish him for the few attempts he made to take away our power." "And when I leave, I will go to the famous sewers of Europe with my father. After all, we're scavengers." "Now it's not like what a girl would want to do. But it sounds fun." "I can't wait."She told him. She turned and looked into his chocolate eyes. He pushed a few strands of her red hair back. Their faces were one inch away when big Ben struck midnight. Rita has rushed inward. "Where are you going?" "I need to be back by midnight!"she screamed. "What? Is this some kind of Cinderella story?" "It shouldn't have been like this!"she said. He followed her into the wardrobe. Roddy took her hand and turned it to him. And long fervently kissed. Rita, I don't want to let you go... I have to run." "Well, when can I see you again?" "Maybe tomorrow."She said, hurrying to put on her coat. "Valley of flies at noon? I always go there to get food." "I look forward to it ."He said. "See you tomorrow!"she swore. "Nicely."He mumbled. "Tomorrow..."