Chapter 12: Recovery

"Is she going to be alright?"

"She'll be fine, after she stays in bed and eats more."

That's what Rita heard as she was getting ready to open her eyes again.

"Hey, she's moving."

Rita's eyes snapped open. The first thing she noticed was how toasty warm her body felt against the heating blanket. The bed she was laying in was a king sized canopy bed with gold curtains. The sand sheets were white, with gorgeous linings of gold, matching the walls. She noticed how shiny the marble floor was as the flames in the marble fireplace gave the room an enchanting feel. Rita sat up but Roddy gently pressed her down.

"The nurse says you need a lot of rest." He told her. "If you need anything, ask me."

She felt something on her arms and legs that made her imagine fleas were all over her. Small suction cups were stuck to her skin to make all the soar spots better. There was another one on the side of her forehead saying her temperature and another on her chest to measure her heartbeat.

She was wearing a white strapless silk nightgown that made her feel like a queen.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yes." Said Rita.

"Great." He pecked her forehead quickly. "I have something for you."

He pulled a gold chain out of his pocket with a diamond cursive R on it. He placed it around her neck carefully.

"It's gorgeous." Said Rita. "What does the R stand for? Roddy or Rita?"

"However you see it as."

A parade of young voices echoed through the halls. She also heard the voice of a man and a woman and an old lady.

"Their here?" she said excited.

"RODERICK!" the booming screams of the king ourran the sound of her family. "WHY ARE PEASENTS IS MY CASTLE?"

"Uh oh. I have to go. I'll be back."

He placed his hand under her head, bent down and kissed her on the lips. Then he rushed out. Behind the entrance were her parents.

"Rita!" Her mother approached her with open arms. "You're safe!" She stroked Rita's messy hair. Then she got nasty. "When I find Le Toad, I'm going to kick his fat green..."

"Mum! Kids." Rita alerted. Amanda blushed. "Oy, hop up all of you!"

All her siblings came from every side of the bed.

"I wanna be under the covers." Mimi said. Rita let Shocky and Mimi relax under the cover while the others sat on the bed. It was a new feeling for them.

"My goodness Rita!" he grand mum shrieked. "Are you naked?"

Because her arms were out and the comforter was covering her chest, she looked nude.

"No. I'm wearing a strapless nightgown."

"Lemmie see." Said Annie who sat in front of her. She pulled the blanket and felt the softness of the fabric.

"Rita, when I grow to your size, can I keep this?"

"Ask the prince. It's not mine. But I agree. It's beautiful."

Roddy walked up to his red faced father.

"Well! Explain why their here!"

"That's Rita's family."

"The girl?"

"Yes."

"So you were in love with a peasant."