Chapter 8: True Loves First Kiss

Whitey was acting very strange since the ball. Not the strange he usually was but so strange it worried Spike. He was taking a walk around the castle and passed by a door that he always passed by, but has never been in. He turned around and opened the door. He wound up in a closet.

Usually there's nothing interesting about closets unless if they belong to rich people. Whitey walked in anyway. It was filled with dusty old clothes that Le Toad used to wear. As a suit caught his eye, he heard a speak on the floor. He looked down at the carpet and thought he was only hearing things. Then it happened again. He rolled the rug and found a little door. He opened it and found a bar... The servants hideout.

"Oh sweet." He mumbled. "I gotta show this to the boss."

When Rita fell out of bed, still frozen, she opened up the note.

"Why would he do this?" she cried. "After what he said to me." She went downstairs, dressed to begin her regular routine.

"Rita..."

She spotted Le Toad by the kitchen door.

"Oh my God he knows..."

"I'm busy sir."

"Come here."

Rita took a deep breath and approached him with caution.

"Your schedule will be a little bit different today." He said. "You are going to catch flies and return with at least six."

"You eat more than that."

"Just six." He growled. "Do you understand? Now get ready, it's cold out there."

She went up to her room and brushed her hair and teeth. She saw the note on the nightstand and put it in her pocket. Chances were she'd see Roddy.

She wanted to rush inside the moment she felt the bitter cold. She held the fly jar in one hand as she ran across the slippery ice. As she reached land again, she spoke to herself.

"Six flies... no problem." She walked to the fly valley in the center of the spider territory. As she was on her way, Prince Roddy was about ready to get out. He styled his hair to make it look like the hair he had when he met Rita. He wore his favorite brown shirt and jeans and snuck out the backdoors.

Rita finally made it to the enormous fly valley. The room was decorated with paint cans, paintbrushes and a flashlight that was still lit, projecting the wall. She jumped form surface to surface but had no luck catching any flies. She searched but still couldn't find any. She went back to the cold stone ground and leaned herself against an ice cold pipe. She looked at the note one more time as silent tears streamed down her cheeks.

What happened, Rita?" Her head rose. She saw Roddy standing in front of her. "What do you think?"she snapped. "You know very well what's wrong!" Roddy's brows lowered in confusion. "Actually, I'm not."said Roddy. - Let me ask you something, Roddy. If you were a normal guy, would sharpey love you? That's why I left her. Rita stood up. She had enough. "And then you broke up with Shar Pei all night when I left, didn't you?" "What?"Snapped Roddy. "What makes you think that? " "Then explain it!"Rita screamed, opening note to. "My dear friend, I had a wonderful time with you. You've been very helpful. Thank you for making the dog jealous. I managed to hit on her, we had a hot night, and we're getting married in a week. I'm sorry if it hurts you. But I'll do it for you; you can sing and dance at my wedding. With love, Roderick St. James. " Roddy snatched the note from her. He looked over his cursive handwriting. His initials were specifically printed on paper, so it would be impossible to explain to Rita. "It's not my handwriting." He said. "I don't write in italics. I'm right-handed. The one who wrote that note was left-handed..." he tore up the note and threw the pieces on the ground. His eyes were mixed with anger and despair. "Rita..." "Just leave me alone, okay? Good luck with the throne!"she went to the flashlight, where he noticed her shadow. He chased her and stopped her. "Rita, I swear to God, I've never seen this before. Shar Pei is history. She's out of my life, and this time I feel free. I didn't. I really love you madly " He saw that she was still crying. Then her face was buried in his chest. He hugged her as her tears flowed like waterfalls. "I'll still love you even if you're an idle girl." She choked. She wiped her tears away and looked at him. He stared into her deep green eyes as his hands slid to her waist. They closed their eyes and their lips touched . Rita stopped crying and pressed her hand to the back of his head. It felt like he was sweating from nerves. "I love you, Rita." "I love you too, Roddy." They hugged one last time before she decided to go back to the Airlock. "Come and see me." She said. "Certainly." She walked right into the front door, all the lights went out. "And just where were you?" A dim light clicked on. In a large chair sat Le Toad.