-4

Cheryl couldn't sleep at all that night, so she did what any normal friend does, she took herself back to Toni's house at 3am. The walk there was filled with thoughts of anxiety.

how am I going to do this? she's not gonna talk to me. this is a waste of time.

When Cheryl reached Toni's house she went around the back and found a ladder. She propped the ladder up against the house, she positioned it next to Toni's window. When she was sure it was stable, she climbed it to Toni's window and thought for a second. She thought that if she knocked on the window that Toni would probably lean out and push her off the ladder. She thought that she would probably ignore her if she knew she was there. so Cheryl did the only smart thing she could think of.

She wriggled Toni's window open and climbed inside, careful not to wake Toni up. She tiptoed across the room, locking every possible exit. When she believed she had successfully barricaded the room she headed over to Toni's bed and sat on the edge, she stared at Toni's peaceful, sleeping face. It was beautiful, but it looked even better when they were friends. That's all Cheryl wanted, was to have her best friend back.

She decided Toni wasn't going to wake herself up at 3:30 in the morning. She shook Toni slightly, making her jump awake. It worked, she was awake. But apparently not happy to see her friend.

"What the fuck, Cheryl get out" Cheryl hadn't realised at first but Toni was only wearing a bra and panties. Cheryl shifted her gaze from Toni's face to her body, Toni pulled her blanket up to her chest, covering every inch of her body from her neck down. "Cheryl I'm serious, get out, now" She said standing up and trying to open her door.

"I locked it" Cheryl said softly, Toni turned to look at her like she was a maniac. "I didn't want you to leave while I was trying to explain what happened" She explained looking at her hands.

"Oh, honey. I'm not going anywhere" She said, taking her friends hand. "You are. Now just get out" She pushed Cheryl towards the door, "Open the damn door and fuck off!" She screamed but quiet not wanting to alert her family.

"No Toni! I'm not going anywhere. Not until you let me explain" The redhead yelled, her back against the door. Toni scoffed and sat down on her bed.

"What makes you think I want to hear your explanation?!" She pulled her knees to her chest and let tears roll down her cheeks.

"I- I don't know, I jus-" She tried to choke back the tears.

"Cheryl, just leave. Before you wake my family up" She said cutting her off. She looked towards the door and gestured for the taller girl to leave. "Seriously Cheryl. I don't want to talk to you, I don't even want to listen to you. Leave"

"Toni, please. You know I'm sorry, let me explain, please" She was on her knees, clasping her hands together, pleading.

"I don't care if you're sorry, you already explained quite clearly, with your lips smacking into my brothers for that matter" She lay down and rolled over facing away from the girl on her floor.

"I'm sorry Toni, I know he's your brother, I shouldn't have done it" She sat now on Toni's bed, her legs crossed and directly in the centre.

"See that's just what you don't get, I don't care that he's my brothe-" She started,

"Then what Toni, why am I even here if you don't care that he's your brother?" She began, throwing her arms up and back down. "What do you care about? Because I need to know Toni, otherwise I'm here for no reason. Just help me out here" She pleaded once again.

"You know what? Fine" she started, sitting up in her spot, "I do care that he's my brother, I do care that you were in there, straddling him and kissing him like there was no tomorrow. I do care..." She trailed off, silencing herself.

"but why Toni? Why do you care so much whether I kiss your brother or not?" They sat in silence, both awaiting an answer. "Toni..." She asked once more and waited again, "You know, I don't have to sit here and deal with this, bye Toni, I'll see you around I guess" She unlocked the window and began climbing out.

"I care because I like you" Toni blurted out so fast you could have missed it in slow motion. "I care that you kissed him because I wanted you to be kissing me, and I got jealous" She looked over at the window but Cheryl had already left, Toni felt her throat clench and tears form. She sat, staring at the open window, watching her curtains flutter in the wind.

Soon enough her alarm went off and she got up and got ready, dreading seeing Cheryl at school, this is if Cheryl was even going to school after what just happened. Toni didn't count on it but she sucked it up and headed downstairs for breakfast. Her family was acting weird at breakfast and they were giving her looks that said 'I'm sorry' and 'I know it's hard'. Toni didn't catch on instead she just ignored it and went to school, trying to figure out why her family was acting weird.

She tried her best to think of why her family was acting that way, she knew they never acted like that unless they knew something that they shouldn't. Just then it clicked in her head, they know. They heard her and Cheryl fighting which meant they also heard her spill her guts out to an open window... she felt so embarrassed, enough to make her cry from it.

Cheryl and Toni passed each other on their way into school. Cheryl could see that Toni had been crying and wanted nothing more than to comfort her and make her feel better.

"You good?" She tried to sound sympathetic but it came off sounding sarcastic. Toni looked away from Cheryl, sniffling she ignored her and turned to walk in the opposite direction. At that moment both Cheryl and Toni felt their hearts sink, for the second time in just over two days.

A/N: Hey so this is interesting!