-20

**Mentions of self-harm** **Don't read if it triggers anything**

 "Veronica, would you be mad if I told you something?" Cheryl asked, sitting on her bed. Veronica walked over to her and held her hand. She sat on the bed and started to stroke her knuckles.

"I could never be mad at you" Veronica says, kissing her hand. Cheryl closed her eyes and took in a deep breath.

"I didn't actually have a meeting with Mr. wetherbee earlier" Cheryl says playing with her hands. 

"Then what did you go and do?" Veronica asks in a soft tone, a lot less harsh than cheryl expected.

"I went and saw Toni" Cheryl whispered. 

"You what?" 

"I went to see Toni" Cheryl said a bit louder. 

"Well what happened when you went and saw her? You didn't do anything with her did you?" Veronica asks.

"Nothing happened, I just wanted to give her a chance to explain why she did that stuff to me, and please don't be mad, but I think I still love her" Cheryl whispered the last part, scared of what Veronica would say.

Veronica sat there silently, not saying a thing.

"You're mad, I knew it, I'm sorry forget I said anything" Cheryl said getting under the covers and pulling the duvet all the way up over her body. She rolled over so Veronica couldn't see her.

"Cher, I'm not mad" Veronica said putting her hand on Cheryl's shoulder and tugging her back over to her softly.

"Y-you're not? Why?" Cheryl asked quietly, rolling over to face Veronica.

"Cher, I'm not mad because I know you don't actually still love Toni, it's just a phase" Veronica says earning a confused looked from Cheryl.

"It's not just a phase, I still love Toni, Veronica" 

"Cheryl, how could you love someone like that? Someone who broke your heart and cheated on you, with your own cousin!?" Veronica whispered yelled. 

"Because she's sorry Veronica, and she's hurting because she thinks I don't love her anymore, but I do! She says she doesn't care if I take her back or not and that she only cares if I know she's sorry, and I know she's sorry!" Cheryl yells, sitting up in her bed. 

"Cheryl, she's only saying that so she can get back in your pants and then cheat on you again, I wouldn't put it past her to cheat with another one of your family members either. She's a player Cheryl, I've had a first hand experience with it" Veronica said sounding sad when she said the last part. 

"Oh you dated Toni, I forgot. Okay, I'm sorry" Cheryl said as she slumped back against the head board of her bed. Veronica climbed onto the bed next to her and Cheryl moved into her arms. Cheryl cried into her and kept telling her she was sorry. Veronica shushed her and rocked her until she fell asleep. 

-

Cheryl woke up and checked the time;

3:23 AM

She sat up and looked over at Veronica, she was sleeping soundly. Cheryl got up carefully and walked out of her room and into the bathroom. She locked the door and sat on the toilet lid, she reached behind the toilet and pulled out a blade, she took a deep breath and put the blade to her skin.

Cheryl made one deep cut to her thigh, and another to her wrist, another to the same thigh, and another to her wrist. She alternated between her wrist and her thigh. 

She was upset at Toni for making her believe that she could trust her again. This was the only way Cheryl knew to vent her anger. 

Once she was done making several cuts to her skin she held a cloth over her cuts until the bleeding stopped, she stood up and winced, she walked over to the sink and washed out the cloth and cleaned the blade.