-23

"Cheryl Blossom" a doctor called. Cheryl shot up and ran over to him. He held his clipboard tight and turned to Cheryl.

"Antoinette is now stable but not yet ready for visitors, we are still running a few tests but she should be ready for visitors in about 2 hours, I should tell you only two people are allowed in her room at once" He told Cheryl and walked off. Cheryl sighed in relief and went to call Veronica and Betty.

She decided she'd call Betty first...

"Cheryl? Is everything okay?" Betty asked when she answered the phone.

"Everything's fine, Toni's stable and she will be ready for visitors in 2 hours!" Cheryl exclaimed excitedly. 

"Oh my god! Are you serious?!" Betty said as she grabbed her car keys and ran out her front door.

Betty ran through the doors of the hospital and towards Cheryl.

"Cheryl, how are you?" Betty asked as she sat down next to Cheryl on the hard plastic chairs of Riverdale General.

"Oh, just fine, cousin.. I'm just- it's-" Cheryl stuttered and sighed exhaustedly before shaking her head in frustration.

"Take a breath, it's okay.. now, what's wrong?" Betty said calmly as she knows that Cheryl hasn't slept in 3 days.

"It's just.. can you please go and see Toni first and ask her if she wants to see me? I mean I've been such a bitch to her and I just want to know if she wants to see me before I go barging into her room.." Cheryl explains as she trails her sentence off.

"Of course, Cher but I think she's going to want to see you" Betty reassured. Cheryl smiled lightly before slumping back in her chair.

"Are you gonna call Veronica?" Betty asked turning to Cheryl.

"Oh yeah, I guess I should" Cheryl said as she sat up and got her phone out, she pressed on Veronica's contact and held the phone to her ear.

"Hey, Ronnie, I thought I'd let you know that Toni's stable and should be ready for visitors in about an hour" Cheryl said excitedly into the phone.

"Oh that's good Cher, but I can't come and see her, I uh, I have s-some family stuff, I'm sorry" Veronica said to Cheryl. Cheryl's excitement turned into disappointment.

"No, that's fine, Betty and I are here so that should be enough for when she wakes up" Cheryl said and hung up the phone.

She put her phone away and dropped her hands to her lap as she started tearing up, Betty reached over and wiped her tears, pulling her into a hug.

"She can't come?" Betty asked.

Cheryl shook her head and took in a deep breath.

"She's busy" Cheryl says marking the busy with air quotes. "Why does she have to lie? Why can't she just say that she doesn't want to come and see Toni?" Cheryl asked throwing her hands up in the air.

"Cheryl, I'm not Veronica so I don't know, but maybe just go and see Toni when she wakes up and forget about Veronica for now, deal with her later" Betty said rubbing Cheryl's shoulder.

Cheryl nodded and slumped back in her chair, she waited for an hour longer than the doctors said she had to and she was getting fidgety.

"Betty," Cheryl whined, "why haven't they let us see Toni yet?" Cheryl said tearing up again.

"It's okay maybe the tests just ran a little longer than expected" Betty said quietly.

"What if there's something wrong? What if she's not stable? What-what if she's not okay?!" Cheryl started having an anxiety attack, Betty turned to face her properly and grabbed her shoulders to hold her still.

"Cheryl, calm down, we're gonna blow out the candles now, okay?" Betty said and let go of Cheryl's shoulders.

"How many do you need?" Betty asked.

Cheryl put up three fingers.

"Okay, ready? Breathe in, now blow out the candles" Betty breathed in with Cheryl and they breathed out at the same time.

"One candle"

Breath in, breathe out.

"Two candles"

Breathe in, breath out.

"Three candles"

"Thank you, Betty" Cheryl said. Betty smiled softly and hugged her cousin.

"You're welcome, now calm down, Toni's fine" Betty reassured.

Just then another nurse walked out and called Cheryl again. He informed her that Toni was ready and could have visitors.

Cheryl went back to Betty to tell her that she could go and see Toni.

"You can go and see Toni now, but the doctors said that she might have some amnesia and or minor memory loss" Cheryl said as she directed Betty to Toni's room.

"Cheryl, stop worrying, she's going to want to see you" Betty said as she put her hand on the door handle of room 12A.

"But-but what if she doesn't remember me? Or if she thinks I hurt her and put her here?" Cheryl asked as she started to pace up and down the hall.

"Cheryl, it will be fine, just wait here and I'll come get you if she wants to see you" Betty said and walked into the room.

Cheryl sat down in a chair outside Toni's room and waited for Betty to come back out.

A:n/ sorry I haven't updated, my wrist has been broken and it is hard to write constantly so I'm sorry it took so long to get this chapter out. I hope you liked it and I will write the next chapter soon.