-21

It was now later in the day. Lunch to be exact, and Cheryl had met up with Veronica and their friends. Toni however had left to go home. At this point Cheryl wished she was at home so she didn't have to deal with this bullshit.

"Hey, you seem on edge babe" Veronica whispered to Cheryl as she placed her hand on her thigh. Cheryl flinched away and then hid her face in her hands as she realised she'd have to tell Veronica why she flinched away.

Cheryl looked up from her hands and stared at Veronica, she looked down and back up again.

"Don't... say anything..." Cheryl said as she slowly pulled her vixen skirt up a little, careful not to alert their other friends in the cafeteria. Veronica reached out to rub her thumb over the cuts in Cheryl's porcelain skin.

"Cher," Veronica whispered, she ran her thumb over the biggest cut on Cheryl's thigh. Cheryl winced a bit and then Veronica stood up and grabbed her hand leading her out of the cafeteria.

Veronica lead into the common room where no one was. They sat on the couch in the middle of the room, Veronica gently laid her hand over Cheryl's thigh.

"Babe, why'd you do it?"

Cheryl looked down at her hands and played with her rings.

"Was it because of me?"

Cheryl shook her head.

"Is it because of Toni?" Veronica asked holding her hand.

Cheryl nodded and started to cry. She fell into Veronica's arms and bawled.

"I'm going to kill her," Veronica said seriously.

"Ronnie, no.. it's fine, please don't do anything dumb" Cheryl begged.

"Okay, only for you" Veronica kissed the top of her head.

"I need to go home I cant be here, come and visit me after school?" Cheryl asked as she stood up.

"Of course" Veronica ran her hand up Cheryl's arm. Cheryl bent over and kissed her cheek as she walked out of the common room.

-

An hour went by and Veronica couldn't take it anymore, Cheryl wasn't there and she felt lonely, so she left school and headed over to Cheryl's. She decided to take the shortcut through the woods behind the school.

As she was walking through the woods she came to a clearing that opened up to reveal Sweetwater River. She looked over to the shore on the other side as she walked along the other with her hands in her pockets.

She was about to head back into the woods and carry on towards Cheryl's house when she saw something out of the corner of her eye, it looked like Toni standing near the edge of the river holding a giant rock.

Veronica slowly made her way to over to Toni, careful not to alert her that she was there. As Veronica approached her she saw that the rock was fastened around Toni's stomach using a thin looking rope.

Toni turned to the side and put the rock down, she grabbed a piece of paper and wrote something on it, she placed it under another big rock so it wouldn't fly away. Veronica noticed that she had tears streaming down her face.

She stayed silent waiting for Toni to walk away so there was no chance of being caught, instead Toni picked the big rock up that was tied to her stomach and turned around so she was facing away from the water.

Veronica got ready to get up and leave as she thought Toni was about to leave, instead Toni began to lean backwards as she cried harder, she spotted Veronica in the bushes and made eye contact with her as she fell backwards into Sweetwater River and sunk to the bottom with the aid of the heavy rock.

Veronica screamed and jumped into the river after Toni. She couldn't see much because the bottom of the river was murky but she felt around and eventually found Toni's body, she felt for the rope and frantically tried to undo the knot Toni had tied in the rope.

She managed to get the knot untied and she dragged Toni's lifeless body up to the surface. Veronica got out of the water and pulled Toni up on the shore. Veronica grabbed the piece of paper that Toni had stuck under the other rock and shoved it in her pocket, she picked Toni up over her shoulder and she began running through the woods until she reached Cheryl's house.

She banged on the door repeatedly until Cheryl came down the stairs and opened the door for Veronica. She gasped when she saw Veronica with Toni slung over her shoulder, both of them soaking wet.

She motioned for Veronica to come inside and they went straight up to Cheryl's bathroom, Veronica laid Toni's body down on the floor and went over to Cheryl to explain what happened.

"What do you mean 'she just jumped in'?" Cheryl asked, panicking as she paced around the room.

Veronica stood there dumbfounded not having a clue what to say.

"Well don't just stand there, call an ambulance for god sake!" Cheryl yelled as she began to pace faster around her room.

Veronica fumbled around with the phone and called 911.

"Hi, I need an ambulance" Veronica said with no emotion in her voice.

"My friend is unconscious and I'm worried" She continued. She turned and gave Cheryl the thumbs up.

Cheryl walked over and sat by Toni's body, Veronica got off the phone and stood in the doorway. She pulled out the piece of paper that Toni had shoved under a rock and began reading it.

"What's that?" Cheryl asked, pointing to the piece of paper. Veronica handed it to her and let her read it.

"Whoever finds this; make sure this gets to Cheryl Blossom. I'm sorry that I let my emotions get the better of me, I'm sorry that I made the worst mistake of my life and lost you, I tried to make it up to you but that didn't work. I couldn't live on knowing that you hated me and that you were never going to forgive me, I'm sorry for all of it, for not being a good enough girlfriend or friend to you, you meant the absolute world to me but my time is up and I have to leave. See you in another life Baby, Toni Topaz" Cheryl read the note aloud and ended in tears. She dropped to her knees and held onto Toni with everything she had, this is not the way she wanted to say goodbye.

Veronica hears a knock at the door and rushes down the stairs to let the paramedics in and tend to Toni.

A/n: sorry for this little bit depressing chapter I hope you liked it though <3