Chapter 15: Going for a Ride

Aerlinniel POV

But King Thranduil-" I try to say.

“No Aerlinniel!" He yells at me, clearly angry. But I have no idea why.

“What is wrong with me wanting to get my best friend back? All her father does is hurt her! Why won't YOU help?!?!?!?" I half yell at him. I can not believe he won't help!

“Sorry Aerlinniel, but you are not going to Rivendell. And if you ever talk about this again you will be kicked out of Mirkwood." He says. “Now get out!"

With a huff I leave the Throne room. King Thranduil normally does not act like this. He is normally kind , gentle, and calm. I don't think I have ever heard him yell before, I don't even think I have heard him so angry before. There is something terribly wrong going on.

To help blow off some steam I decide to go for a ride. That always helps me to calm down. Also, I can think about the resent events that have happened.

I head to the stables where all of the horse are I walk down to my horse. I named her Elarinya after my little sister. I saddle her up and stroke her nose. “Lets go girl." On my way out I come across the empty stall that Faelwen's horse, Vanyë, used to be. I give a sigh and head out.

I get up on my horse, “Yah." I say to her and we take off in a gallop.

We slow to a trot and I listen to the beautiful sound of birds singing. I hear another horses hoof beats and soon hear the person's heartbeat. It is Legolas.

“Aerlinniel, hold up." He says.

I pull on the reigns of my horse to stop her and turn her around so I am facing Legolas. “Yes Legolas?" I ask him.

“I just wanted to say sorry for how my father acted. I have no idea what is going on. But in the meantime, you will have to go on with life without Faelwen. I will send a message to Lord Elrond to let him know to keep an eye on Faelwen. Does that sound ok." He says, I can tell that he really does feel bad. He has a lot of sadness in his voice.

“Yes, that would be great. Thank you Legolas." I say doing my best to give him a smile. But I can't. I just hope that Faelwen is doing ok.

“Hopefully everything will turn out ok. Just know it might be a while before you see her again. Now I have to get back, I need to talk to Tauriel to see if she knows anything."

“Ok Legolas. Thank you again." I say, tears forming in my eyes again but I blink them back.

“Bye, Aerlinniel. I will when you get back." With that he turn  around and takes off back to the Woodland-Realm.

“Stay safe Faelwen, mellon nin." I whisper although I know she can't hear me. Then I turn around and head back.

~~~~~~

I updated again! :) :) :)

                       ~Ellethwen <3