Chapter 17: A Familiar Voice

For this chapter, I am using the song: Into the West  from Lord of the Rings. I changed some of the lyrics to have it fit with the story. I am calling it: You will see! I hope I did a good job with it. :)

Aerlinniel POV

~four months later~

It has been four months since Faelwen has been taken to Rivendell. I am still really sad about it, but I am doing better. Faelwen would want me to move on till the time comes to find her. So that is exactly what I am going to try to do, although it will be tough.

She was the first true friend I have. I really did not have time for friends when I was growing up, since my parents were teaching me everything I could.

These are all the thoughts going through my head right now. I am on my my horse, Elarinya, going for my daily ride. I have done this because it helps me to feel happy and peaceful. And just even to think.

Another thing that helps make me feel better is to sing. I have enjoyed singing ever since I was little. I remember a song my mom used to sing to me to help me get to sleep, because of the nightmares I had. I was always afraid to go to sleep and I would cry because I did not want to sleep, I did not want to have those nightmares. I start to sing it;

Lay down, your sweet and weary head.

Night is falling. You've come to day's end.

Sleep now. And dream of the days that are yet to come.

Cause they are coming, from beyond the distant shore.

Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face?

Some day you'll see, and all of these fears will pass away.

Safe in my arms. Your only sleeping.

Some day you'll see, beautiful mountains.

You'll see the white gulls fly.

You'll see the sea, the pale moon rising.

And all the stars in the sky.

One day you'll see, a sunrise.

A light on the water, the curse will die.

Hope fades, when you go to sleep at night.

Through shadows falling, out of memory and time.

Don't say, that you will never see.

White shores are calling, you will see in time.

You are here in my arms, just go to sleep.

Some day you'll see, beautiful mountains.

You'll see the white gulls fly.

You'll see the sea, the pale moon rising.

And all the stars in the sky.

One day you'll see, a sunrise.

A light in the sky, the curse will die.

You will see."

I let a tear slip down my face. My mother was a very caring person. And, when my dad would try to keep on making me do all these things without letting up, my mom would always comfort me and talk my dad into letting me have fun sometimes. Although when I did try to have fun, I was always made fun of by the kids who knew I was blind.

I love and miss both of my parents so much. “You have an amazing voice, my dear." I hear an all to familiar voice say.

“Gandalf!"

~~~~~~

Sorry, cliffhanger! :)

                            ~Ellethwen <3