Chapter 4

I hear birds chirping and suddenly blaring music. I jump and turn my alarm off. I sigh. First day of school. I shower and brush my teeth. Now I need to choose what to wear. I look in my closet and decided to with light-colored ripped jeans, a pink tanktop and sandals. I do my makeup and grab my bag to head to the car. My mom throws me the keys and tells me to have a great day.

 My mom throws me the keys and tells me to have a great day

I arrive at school and immediately I recognize. . . no one. I hate transferring in the middle of a semester. Nothing quite like being the new kid. As I walk towards the office, I notice that I am stared at every step of the way. I am no longer feeling like the confident girl I was in Japan. Now I feel like the awkward freshman I use to be. No, damnit. I am almost 18 years old and I refuse to let anyone make me feel weird. I pull my shoulders back and place my sunglasses on top of my head and I made my way into the office.

All the paperwork for my transfer had already been taken care of before leaving Japan. I just had to get my schedule.

"May I help you?" The office secretary asked.
"Yes. Today is my first day and I need my schedule." I say.
"Hold just a moment." She says just as the bell rings for class to start.

She comes back and hands me a piece of paper with rooms numbers and teachers' names. She walks into the rotunda with me and points down the hall where my first class will be.

I take a deep breath and start walking. I get to my class and push the door open. Luckily nobody is paying attention. Not even the teacher. I walk to his desk and hand him my schedule.

"Well." The teacher says. "Seems we have a new student. This is y/n."

Suddenly 23 pairs of eyes all look up at me. I look at the floor momentarily, not realizing he was going to announce me to the class like that. I then remember my resolve not to be intimidated. I look up and the students staring at me. I look from eye to eye and then come upon a handsome face and familiar eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                                 JK POV

I don't look up as the teacher announces a new student. No one new was ever interesting. Instead I look at Tae but he is staring straight ahead. I was about to ask him what was so interesting when I heard that name. My head whipped up so fast I almost got whiplash.

It couldn't be her. They were still in Japan and this girl didn't look anything like the girl he knew.  She was beautiful. Nothing like the scrawny little bookworm you knew. She was looking at everyone's face. That was, until she got to Tae. The two were staring at each other. She smiled at him and it was breathtaking. Tae was totally mesmerized.

The teacher coughed, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Y/n, you can have seat on the side towards the back, behind JK."

I gulped as she looked at me. Recognition flashed in her eyes before being replaced with anger.
What was that? I wondered. How could she possibly be mad at me. We hadn't seen each other in almost 3 years. We haven't even spoken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                                   y/n POV

I smiled at Tae. He was staring at me. I know I must look different but I think he remembered me. The teacher drew my attention away but mentioning where I will be seating. I look up and see JK. He had turned into an extremely handsome man. Then, I remembered how he didn't even say goodbye, much less call, text or email me while I was gone. I lowered my gaze and took my seat.

As soon as I sat down, both Tae and JK turned in their seats to look at me. I smiled at Tae and then listened to the teacher as he was beginning the lesson. Finally, they both got the picture and turned around. I let out a sigh of relief that I didn't realize I had been holding. Looks like today would be interesting after all.

After class, I immediately left the room without speaking to anyone. I rushed to my next class but got lost on the way and ended up just standing in the middle of the hallway while students rushed by to their next class. I was overwhelmed. I didn't expect to see JK so soon into the day and I was not prepared.

"Are you lost or daydreaming?" I recognized that voice and smiled immediately. I turned to find Tae standing behind me. He grabbed me and spun me around in a hug. It was unexpected but welcome. I need a friend. When he put me down, I looked behind him and saw JK. He was standing there awkwardly, like he didn't know what to do or say. Well, at this moment, I didn't feel like helping him out. I turned back to Tae.

"I am completely lost." I laugh.
"Well, where is your next class?" He helped me out and walked me to my class. Somewhere along the way, JK disappeared. Tae noticed that you weren't paying JK any attention but decided to see how this would play out.

At lunch, I was nervous. I dreaded walking into the lunch room and not knowing anybody. As soon as I had my tray and walked into the main room, I saw Tae's arms flailing around trying to get your attention. I smile and walk to where he is.

"Hey." He says.
"Hey." I say back.
"Guys, this is y/n. Y/n, this is everybody. Namjoon, Hobi, Yoongi, Jin, Jimin and you already know JK."

I smiled to everybody and they all made me feel very welcome. I enjoyed my lunch. Everyone spoke to me. Everybody but JK. He sat quietly watching you with everybody else. I could feel his eyes on me throughout the entire lunch. But I didn't say a word.

After school, I got in the car and just sat for a moment. This entire day was overwhelming. After a few minutes, I finally cranked the car and drove home.