chapter 6

We sat on the couch talking until late in the evening. It felt kinda like old times. Around midnight, JK went home and I told him that we could ride to school together tomorrow. I went to bed and was totally relaxed.

I woke the next morning, to my music blaring. I had forgotten to turn the volume down after dancing yesterday. I shower, dry my hair and pulled it into a bun. I look at my closet. I chose a blue tanktop, shorts and scandals.

As I'm finishing my makeup and taking a final look at myself in the mirror, I hear a knock on the door

I open the door, and JK is standing there smiling at me with his little bunny smile. I can't help but smile back.

"Good morning." I say.
"Good morning. You ready? I figured we could take my car." He says pointing to a convertible.
"Absolutely."

We drive to school and meet his friends in the parking lot. Everyone says hello and Tae grabs me for a hug. He spun me like he did the day before. All the friends were giving us a look.

"What?" Tae says trying to look innocent.
"Do you know her better than everyone else?" Yoongi says.
"Really? Did I not tell you guys that we dated before she left for Japan?" He says to them.
"You said you use to have a girlfriend but this is not the girl you described." Says Jimin.

I give Tae a look and he flinches.

"In my defense, she looks completely different. She use to be skinny, and had glasses and was shy. Not this." He says looking at me from head to toe.

"Thanks?" I said. "Its nice to know you at least thought about me and didn't forget me. All I did was learn how to do makeup and hair and my fashion sense is much better."

"That's not all. You look different. Your body has changed. You look fitter than before. Has swimming done that to you?" JK asked.

"No. When I got to Japan I was very depressed and I had no interest in swimming. After I made some friends, they took me to their dance classes and I was hooked. I started taking lessons with them and I started to change and become fitter than the swimming could have ever gotten me." I explain.

"Dancing?" JK asked.

"Dancing." I say.

We walk to class together. Me and JK. I'm so glad that we are friends again. Hopefully, our friendship will grow stronger and we will stay close. I spend the rest of the day happy.

Walking to my car, I'm approached by a girl. She's pretty. She's blonde and petite. And she looks vaguely familiar. Suddenly, recognition dawns and I realize its Angel.

"I don't know who you are but who are you be around JK when he's my man. Stay away from him." Angel says as soon as she's close to me.

I'm taken aback, looking at her like she's out of her mind.

"Angel." I simply say.

"How do you know my name?"

"You don't recognize me do you? I'm y/n. I've known JK since I was born. I was here as a freshman when you and JK were dating. I remember you and I remember how you use to treat JK. Do you still treat him that way? Has he really not gotten rid of you yet?"  I ask standing my ground.

She squints at me, trying to remember me. I don't look anything like the scrawny little girl who was basically afraid of her own shadow. Recognition finally lights her eyes. "I remember you now. I thought he was done with you and then you disappeared. Why are you back? I never liked you anyway. Just stay away from JK" She says as she walks away.

I shake my head and get in my car. That bitch should have been gone a long time ago. I can't believe he hadn't gotten sick of her and her treatment yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                                   JK POV

I was about to catch up to Y/N when I saw her talking to Angel. I waited to see what would happen and what they could possibly have to say to one another. I see that Angel looks angry but that Y/N looks calm. After a few minutes, Angel walks away. Y/n shakes her head as she gets in her car. Obviously, whatever Angel said bothered her. I make up my mind to go to her house as soon as I get home.

We actually pull up to the house at the same time.

"Hey." I said walking towards her.
"Hey." She said smiling at me.
"I saw you talking to Angel. What was that about?"
"She was telling me to stay away from you. That you are her man. She didn't even recognize me at first. How are you still with her with the way she treats you?" She asks.
I sigh. "I'm not still with her. I broke up with her months ago but she's not taking it well. She continues to threaten females who are around me and call me nonstop. She just won't take no for an answer."
"What happens if you start dating someone? Is she nuts?"
"I don't know. I think if she sees me with someone, she will finally get the clue and back off."
I thought for a second. "Why don't we pretend to be dating and see if she gets the point?"

She laughs. "Are you serious?"
"Yeah. Why not? We've known each other forever. It will be like us getting to know each other again. What could it hurt?" I ask.
"Okay. What if she gets the point? We have a public breakup?" She asks.
"I'm not sure. We can cross that bridge when we get to it."
"Deal."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                                    Y/N POV

I can't believe I agreed to pretend to date JK. I'm not sure how this will play out but I'm actually interested to see what will happen. We are suppose to start tomorrow. The only person I ever saw JK date was Angel and I didn't see him do anything but get treated like crap by her so I'm not sure what kind of boyfriend he would be.

I awake the next morning nervous. We are suppose to start pretending to date today. We agreed to tell no one, not even his friends, that we are faking. I get ready for the day and make it to the door right as JK started knocking. You open the door after the first knock.

"Hey." I say as I see him.
"Hey. Ready?" He asks.
"Yep. Let's go." I start to head to my car when he grabs my hand and pulls me to his sports car. I give him a questioning look.
"I only take girls I'm dating out in this car. If I show up in something different, my friends will think something is up." JK explains.
"Oh." I sigh.

The drive to school is quiet. Neither of us really speak until we are about to pull in.

"So. . . this needs to be believable if she's gonna back off. We can be a little awkward since its new and we just reconnected, but we still need to be comfortable with each other." He says nervously.
"Ok." I say. "I've only ever seen you with Angel so I don't really know how to act. I guess I will just have to follow your lead."

We pull into his parking place and after turning off the car, he jumps out and runs to open your door. You smile at him. Once out, he grabs your hand and links his fingers with yours. Together you walk into the school.