Chapter 5

I got home, and went straight to my room. I closed my door and opened the window to the let in the fresh air and then I turn on my music. I turned the volume up and closed my eyes while standing in the middle of the room. As the music started, my body started to move. The music took control of me as I was dancing. I danced across my room. Using muscles that I hadn't used in a few days. It felt good. A smile spread across my face and the song came to an end.

I laid on the floor to my room, catching my breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                                         JK POV

I sat in my room, with my head down. Why was she so dismissive of me? I just didn't understand. My thoughts were cut off by the sound of music. I look across the way to the house next door. I open my curtains and blinds and my jaw dropped open.

Y/n was dancing with her eyes closed. I watched as she spun around the room, a smile on her face. I was mesmerized. I leaned against the windowsill as I watched. She was totally carefree.

Once she dropped to the floor at the end of the song, I sighed and and closed my window. I went downstairs to talk to my parents.

"Why didn't you tell me that Y/n was home?" I ask both my parents as they sit on the couch in the living room.
"We wanted to surprise you when you got home." My mom says.
"I wish I had known. I think maybe she hates me. She avoided eye contact with me all day and never spoke a word to me. Did you talk to her? Did she say that she was angry with me?" I asked.
"No. She asked if you were home when they arrived but other than that, nothing. Is there some reason maybe you think she's angry with you?" My dad asked.

I racked my brain, thinking what I could have done. I came up with nothing. I sat quietly, still thinking. Finally, I had had enough. I stood up and walked out the door.

"Where are you going?" My mom shouted.
"To get some answers."

I knocked on the Y/n's front door. I waited while I could hear footsteps coming. Suddenly the door swung open and there she was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                                    Y/N POV

I opened the door to JK standing on the porch. I stared at him blankly, at a loss as this was the last person you expected to be at the door.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

I nodded and walked into the living room, leaving him to follow. I sat on the couch and he sat on the chair in front of me.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked as he just stared at me.

He continued to stare for a moment before shaking his head.

"You look so different." He says.
"It's been almost 3 years. Of course I look different. Is that what you came to say?"
"No. It wasn't. I wanted to know why you seem so mad at me? Do I do something specific to tick you off? I mean, we haven't seen each other or spoken in 3 years so I have no idea how I could have pissed you off."

I stood and paced around the room. "Really? You have no idea why I would be mad at you?" I stare at him, dumbfounded. Could he be so dense?

"I have no idea. Really, please tell me what I did. I missed my friend while you were gone."

"Really. You missed me? How can you say that when you didn't even bother to tell me goodbye the day we left? We waited until the last minute for you to come and you didn't show up. You broke my heart. I know we weren't really close before I left but I still thought of you as my best friend."

"I did show up! I drove as fast as I could after getting your text. I pulled up as your car was going around the corner. I started to drive after you but my parents stopped me. Told me it was too late to stop the car. You would miss your flight if I tried." He had stood up and walked toward me as he spoke with passion.

"Ok. But I never received a text, call or email from you. Anything would have been better than nothing. For almost 3 years, I heard nothing from the friend I've had since birth. How do you think that made me feel?"

"I never received anything from you either. That works both ways. Its like you disappeared and I no longer existed."

"I thought you no longer cared enough for me. Its was like I disappeared before I even left. I was heartbroken before going to a foreign country where I knew no one or the language. I let it work for me. I made friends and became more confident. When I saw you at school, I didn't know what to say to you and then I remembered that you never said goodbye or contacted me and I got angry. And I never contacted you because I believed you no longer cared and would dismiss whatever I tried."

"I tried so hard to get here before you left. Believe me. I was a wreck for weeks after you left. I was lost. We weren't close then, but it was like a piece of me was gone. Can you please forgive me? I must have written you a hundred emails but could never summon the courage to send them. I'm so sorry." He looked at me with love in his eyes. I could tell that he was sincere.

"I forgive you. I'm so sorry. I never wanted this to be our reunion." I said.

He grabbed me in a hug and squeezed me so hard. This was the reunion I wanted. I wrap my arms around him and hug him just as hard. Tears squeezed out of my eyes. I had my friend back.