Snippets

Hey, so I'm trying something new right now. I've had a lot of ideas that I feel are too short to be a one shot, so I'm going to have a bunch of those here and call them snippets, instead. Some of them may have titles, and some may not, depending on how developed I made them. I'd like to know whether you guys enjoy this or not, so please, please tell me. 

One last thing. Two tildes (~~) mean that it's jumping places in the snippet. The dashes (--) mean that it's going to a new snippet. 

Pink Converse 

    Niall Horan was a very beautiful boy, but he didn't feel like it. Maybe it was the fact that his parents had told him that they had wanted a girl and now ignored him. Maybe it was the fact that the kids at school called him names because his parents had bought girl clothes and forced him to wear them. Or maybe it was the fact that everyone avoided him except for his bullies, who made it their goal to make him feel hideous. 

      Whatever the reason was, Zayn wished it wasn't so. Zayn wished that Niall could see that he was beautiful, whether it was in a dress or in a skirt, he was gorgeous. Sadly, the small blonde thought nothing of the sort, but in fact, the complete opposite. It saddened Zayn, who had not mustered up enough guts to tell Niall what he really thought about the boy. Zayn, who had not been able to even mutter a hi to the boy. Zayn, who turned into a complete klutz whenever the small boy was in the same room. No, Zayn had never uttered a word to the boy, but he knew that the blue eyed boy was gorgeous and deserved to be happy.

      Zayn spent a lot of time admiring Niall. The way he would smooth his dress down when he was nervous. The way his crooked teeth would worry his bottom lip when he was uncomfortable. The way he would tug at the bracelets on his wrists when he was bored. Yes, Zayn had spent most of his time watching the tiny boy, fascinated by him as a person. He desperately wished that he could talk to Niall. And finally, one day, he got his wish.

~~

      Zayn was late, and he very well knew it. His English teacher had kept him over class and had forgotten to write him a pass to get him out of trouble for the next class. So he ran down the hallway, so focused on reaching his destination on time that he didn't even see the blonde boy until it was too late. He didn't see Niall until he had plowed him over, the two of them falling to the ground. Zayn's things scattered across the floor, but he couldn't careless at the moment. He was lying on top of Niall; probably crushing him.

      Quickly, Zayn leaped off the boy, panicked that he had accidentally killed him. He let out his air as Niall struggled into sitting position, rubbing his head, which had collided worst with Zayn. Zayn fumbled for the right words to say, his mind drawing a blank. Niall helped himself up, his blue eyes meeting Zayn's nervous ones.

      Zayn's palms sweat and his heart raced and he suddenly realized that, yes, this boy was going to be the death of him. But how could he not be with his soft-looking hair, a dyed blonde from its original brown? How could he not be with his cerulean eyes, a drowning sea of unhappiness? How could he not with his milky white skin, something Zayn was sure felt nice under his cool fingertips? And how could he not be with his bublegum pink lips, bitten and peeled from his teeth? Zayn was absolutely sure that this boy would most definitely be his end. 

      His chocolate brown eyes dropped to the ground, to Niall's shoes. They were partially hidden under his ridiculously dark, purple dress, the unmistaking color of pink popping out. They were converse, the white laces tied tightly on the top of his foot, double knotted. Zayn lifted his head, meeting Niall's eyes once again. The boy hadn't said anything, starting dumbly at the raven haired lad. The bell shrieked in the distance, letting both boys know that they were late.