Beautiful

Zayn doesn't think he's ever seen the blonde without a book. Zayn's almost sure he's never seen the boy with the wonderfully blue colored irises, hidden behind thick, black frames, not holding a book. Zayn's absolutely positive he's never seen the boy who drowns in large, warm jumpers apart from a book. Zayn doesn't know his name, story, family, life, or anything, really, but he does know that the boy likes to read. And Zayn also knows that this boy is quiet and shy; knows that he had no friends. But that doesn't matter to Zayn. 

Zayn thinks he's beautiful. 

     He's reading again, his cerulean eyes scanning over the black inked words on the paper. Zayn's watching him, of course, as the boy neglects his uneaten lunch, sitting on the table in front of him. Zayn's own sandwich is untouched on his tray as he watches the other boy read. It's creepy, and Zayn knows that, but he doesn't care. He can't keep his eyes away. His friends are all around him, laughing and talking to each other, maybe even talking about Zayn himself. It wouldn't be the first time Zayn's ignored his friends to observe the blonde boy, and they all knew it wouldn't be the last, either. 

      Zayn watches as the boy with fantastic eyes sighs and closes his book, glancing uneasily around the room. He tugs the sleeves of his sweater down before his eyes meet Zayn's. Zayn thinks the whole world has frozen, and all that exist is him and the boy of which he doesn't know the name of. Zayn's heart thumps wildly in his chest as he savors every moment, not knowing when the next time they'd make eye contact would be. 

     And just like that, reality came crashing back to him as the boy declines his head down to his food. His shoulders slump, and Zayn wishes more than anything that he had the courage to go over and hug this boy. Zayn's friends are laughing now, and it takes him a moment to realize that they have sabotaged his food by pouring someone's chocolate milk into his bottle of water. They're all hysterical, but Zayn just stares blankly at the mixture, his mind reliving the few seconds he had connected to the boy with pretty blue eyes. 

      The bell rings, but Zayn doesn't move for another twenty seconds, his heart pounding just as quickly as if it were happening again. 

      And suddenly, a hand is clamped down on his shoulder. Zayn's eyes lift to meet his friend's, Liam's, who's telling him it's time to go. Zayn nods quickly and moves to get up, grabbing his tray on the way. Liam bumps into someone as he backs up, and it just so happens to be the one boy Zayn had stared at for the whole lunch period. They boy's eyes widen as he realizes he just bumped into Liam Payne, one of the most popular kids in the school. Apologies fly out of his mouth before Liam silences them by holding up his hand and offering the boy a kind smile. 

     When the blonde sees the smile, his face crumples in relief before he dashes off. 

And Zayn thinks he's beautiful. 

     It's two periods later that Zayn learns the boy's name. It's Niall, and Zayn loves the way it rolls off his tongue, like the word was made to fit in Zayn's mouth. He was sitting in Biology when Louis, another of Zayn's friends, leans over and whispers the name to his friend. The raven haired lad doesn't even need to ask who he's talking about because he already knows. He doesn't ask Louis how he found out, because he's too busy testing out the blonde's name, mouthing it while the teacher droned on about niches. 

Zayn thinks it's beautiful. 

     Zayn's only got one period with Niall, and it just so happened to be gym. Niall's locker is two to the left of Zayn's, but Zayn has a perfect view of Niall's bum as he bends over to grab things out of the tiny locker on the bottom of the wall. Zayn desperately wants to touch Niall's body, to see if he'd shiver under Zayn's fingertips, or if he'd quiver in pleasure when Zayn caresses his sensitive areas.