Drunk

The reflective surface in Zayn's hand was just the same image he had seen the last time he looked at it, showing the bright lights of the Christmas tree behind him. He groaned and tossed the object away, leaning against the chair. His best friend, Niall, looked up from the picture book he was coloring. "What's wrong, Zee?" The timid blonde asked, his clear blue eyes wide. Zayn just grunted and looked up at the ceiling of their house. 

       Niall set the red crayon he was coloring with down on the paper, getting up and heading over to his friend. Zayn didn't move as Niall plopped down on the floor in front of him, leaning up and resting his elbows just above Zayn's knees. He dropped his chin into his hands as he looked up at the raven haired lad, patiently waiting for him to tell him what was on his mind. With a sigh, Zayn looked down at the blonde, admiring the way his eyes popped out against the pale of his skin. They stared at one another for a long time before Zayn sighed again, looking over at their cheery Christmas tree. A few presents had been wrapped and placed under it already, even though Christmas was still three weeks away. 

       "Do we have any more alcohol?" Zayn asked suddenly, his brown eyes fixating on Niall's face. The boy scrunched up his nose at the strange question, but thought about whether they had some bottles stored somewhere. 

       "I think we still have some left over from when Louis and Harry came over last month," Niall answered, studying Zayn's face. "Why?" The elder just shrugged his shoulders, glancing towards the kitchen. Without a word, Niall stood and left the room to retrieve the beverage. He arrived not even two minutes later with a large bottle. "Here it is." Zayn gratefully took it, popping the top and taking a big swing of it. The liquid bruned his throat, but he didn't mind as he took another gulp. He pulled back and wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his jacket. 

        He handed the bottle to Niall, who accepted it straight away. His hands were cold as they touched Zayn's, but Zayn had gotten so used to the coolness that it didn't bother him like it used to. Since they were both vampires, they had quickly gotten used to hiding indoors during the day and cuddling during the night to keep warm. It was, however, very frustrating to be a vampire because-at least to Zayn-it was annoying not to be able to know what he looked like. 

        The bottle was passed back and forth between the two boys until nothing was left in it. Niall laughed as the last of the beverage disappeared into Zayn's mouth, licking the remaining liquid from his lips. "Mm, that's good," Zayn responded as the bottle dropped from his fingertips and onto the floor. Niall laughed again and leaned his head against Zayn's knee, breathing heavily through his mouth. 

       "So you w-wanted us to get d-drunk, eh?" Niall asked, hiccuping. Zayn only smiled fondly at the boy, tugging at his arm to get him off the floor. "Hold on, you b-big oaf! I'm c-coming." Gently, Zayn tugged Niall onto his lap, one of Niall's legs on either side of his body. 

       "Gosh, you're p-pretty," Zayn mumbled, his olive fingers roaming over Niall's clothed chest. Niall only laughed as Zayn slid his digits under the article, the coldness of his body sending shivers down his body. 

       "Yeah?" 

      "Yeah." Slowly, Zayn lifted Niall's shirt, tossing it to the side when it was completely off. Niall's crystal blue eyes were glossy, his lips red and plump. Niall didn't shiver when the coolness of the air hit his now bare chest, too busy feeling warm as Zayn's fingers danced up and down Niall's torso. The skin was soft under his touch, his fingertips pressing lightly just above the top of Niall's pants. "I wanna see your legs." Nodding, Niall unbuttoned and unzipped his pants, giggling as he struggled to get them off. Zayn laughed, too, helping Niall get out of the constricting pants.