There's Nothing Holding Me Back

I wanna follow where he goes
     I think about him and he knows it

Junhui never knew it was possible to dream of the same thing over and over again in the course of seven consecutive nights. But it happened, and Junhui was left to lay on his bed as he stared up at his ceiling. His mind was occupied by only one person, the same person he kept dreaming about that night.

Minghao.

His blonde curls that resemble Junhui's favorite ramen, his dainty fingers holding onto his mug of milk, the long expanse of his neck, and the way his brown trench coat ate his figure up on the day they met kept appearing in Junhui's dreams. It's always the same scene on repeat, as if his mind was playing a VHS tape of the moment when Junhui finally had the guts to approach the pretty boy and ask him for his name.

Fuck, Junhui thinks. He really wants to see Minghao again, and maybe--if he's brave enough to try--he might get to run his fingers through the boy's hair to test if it's really as soft as he imagines it to be.

He shuffles to check the alarm clock beside his bed, moving quietly to avoid waking up his group member who was sleeping on the bed next to his. Joshua was a really light sleeper and the boy gets cranky whenever he's woken up in the middle of the nightㅡJunhui knows, he had to face Joshua's wrath two days ago.

     11:30 pm | Sat.

Would Minghao be at the cafe again at this hour?

For the past week after he met Minghao, the boy never failed to haunt Junhui's dreams every single night. It's always the same scene on loop, stringing Junhui along for the ride. And each night Junhui silently sneaks out of his dorm to go back to where they first met, in hopes of meeting Minghao again.

Every night he leaves on the same time but stays for a different duration, trying to map out Minghao's schedule and figure out what time of the day he usually goes to the cafe. Junhui approached him at exactly midnight that day, and ever since then Junhui had come back to the small cafe during the ungodliest hour of the day.

The bell hung above the door dings as he enters, catching the attention of the cashier at the counter. He probably recognizes his face already since he's the only customer who ever comes at such a late hour, and he's also probably annoyed at how Junhui just sits there every night for hours without ordering a single thing on the menu.

But Junhui feels that today would be different. It's Saturday, the same day and time he met Minghao, only 10 minutes earlier.

The feeling in his guts was proven correct when a boy with blonde ramen hair comes through the door, wearing the same oversized trench coat he had on a week ago. He immediately notices Junhui sitting alone near the window, and his gaze held something Junhui can't describe. Minghao looks and smiles at him as if he knows Junhui couldn't sleep and eat because of him. Like he knows Junhui's been going crazy looking for him everywhere.

And when Minghao confidently walks over, the sound of his heels clacking against the floor tiles, Junhui buckles his seat belt and readies himself for the ride.

     I wanna let him take control
     'Cause everytime that he gets close, yeah
     He pulls me in enough to keep me guessing

"Take me on another date and maybe I'll tell you." Minghao answers with a small smile, his eyes purposely avoiding Junhui's. He lets go of Junhui's hand and crouches down to pluck a bunch of small flowers, carefully bringing it up to his nose to take a sniff.

Minghao looks absolutely breathtaking like this, surrounded by nature along with the sun shining down on him.

But Junhui was too frustrated to appreciate the beautiful scene. He'd been trying to get to know Minghao for the past few hours of their date but all the boy ever did was dodge his questions or throw them back at him. Junhui felt exposed, having already told Minghao everything to know about himself. He felt rejected, as if their conversation was one sided. He felt as if he was standing infront of Minghao completely naked, while the latter still had all of his clothes on.